• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can assure INGO and the relevant experts that I am quite speedy. Enough. But less speedy than I used to be.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rrrrrandom....

wait, but you responded, acknowledging the likeness to your name... and I added the joke, implying MHTS was asian because he mis-pronounced your name as "T.Rex".

Because the L sounds. In Asian nations. And the pronunciations. Of those sounds.

forget it it's not funny anymore.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    wait is MHTS asian

That actually is pretty funny.

Reminds me of an old, old joke from many years ago as to why 60% of Asian doctors have cataracts. Because the rest drove rincolns. Can't tell that one anymore because Mercedes and BMWs don't quite fit into the joke as well.

But as a note, I am now about as Asian as a white guy from downstate Illinois can be. Forty-three years ago I married this wonderful girl and have never regretted a moment of it. (Except for the rice everyday for 43 years.)

11232984_10205885658635381_6173238440487288290_n.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    wait, but you responded, acknowledging the likeness to your name... and I added the joke, implying MHTS was asian because he mis-pronounced your name as "T.Rex".

Because the L sounds. In Asian nations. And the pronunciations. Of those sounds.

forget it it's not funny anymore.

hahaha

I did get it after I posted, but your explanation is pretty hilarious. :)

Reminds me of an old, old joke from many years ago as to why 60% of Asian doctors have cataracts. Because the rest drove rincolns. Can't tell that one anymore because Mercedes and BMWs don't quite fit into the joke as well.

But as a note, I am now about as Asian as a white guy from downstate Illinois can be. Forty-three years ago I married this wonderful girl and have never regretted a moment of it. (Except for the rice everyday for 43 years.)
    INGO is a closed loop. Things tend to always come back around. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

hmmm, that shirt. Is she Filipina?

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    hmmm, that shirt. Is she Filipina?

Yes. Her dad joined the US Navy in 1928 from the Philippines and retired in 1948, then went back to the Philippines to live. As he had his US citizenship and military pension while still a relatively young man he was quite an eligible bachelor. He married a young school teacher and had five kids... all born with their US Citizenship thru his. They came to the states in 1972 and two of the daughters joined the Navy a year later. Quite rare to see Filipinas in the Navy then. One was stationed in Okinawa where we met and got married. It can get very confusing when I tell the story of how I married a girl born and raised in the Philippines in Japan who was actually a US citizen and in the Navy also.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Dude, that's a sweet barong tagalog! Do you still have it?

I think your wife is probably my cousin. Is she a nurse?

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    I still have it but it is far too small now. I have picked up several over the past few trips, some of them pretty nice and others more everyday wear.

She's not a nurse. She started out at Far Eastern University as a med tech major but after we got married she got a BS in Home Ec. and a M.ed. She is Ilocano by birth.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I still have it but it is far too small now. I have picked up several over the past few trips, some of them pretty nice and others more everyday wear.

She's not a nurse. She started out at Far Eastern University as a med tech major but after we got married she got a BS in Home Ec. and a M.ed. She is Ilocano by birth.

When I was a kid, my dad would measure me and send the measurements back home to have shirts and suits made for me. They were always way, way too small even if he was generous on the measurements. We figured that back then they couldn't believe I was that big at that age and height, so they adjusted to what they thought was possible.

Your wife is FBI! FBI = Full-Blooded Ilocano

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'm disappointed, it's page 2 and no one has suggested that the scientists simply ask ChurchMouse how fast they were yet.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Good to know that researchers can get grants to understand the habits of Rex vs the average human.
    I'd think a speed contest between a lion and a fit athletic male would make more sense as a way to spend money.

Top Bottom