Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Amazon Delivery Pictures

I'm not sure if this is something new or I'm just out of the loop, but I got a package today that I ordered from Amazon. looking at the tracking details page on their website shows that it was delivered and then there is a "delivery photo". It just shows my front door/porch with the package sitting there. Below are options to leave feedback about the picture or to request they not be taken. I'm not sure if it's just seeing my place from the outside perspective or what but I don't like it. Has anyone else seen this or have an opinion on it? I'm just not a fan of people taking pictures of my stuff, even if it could be in public view.

User Info Menu

I had a package delivered by a service connected with Amazon and they showed a picture of the package sitting at my front gate.
    But the picture didn't show anything that would be a threat to my security.
    So I didn't mind.
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

User Info Menu

I wish UPS would do something like this so that I could respond with a photo of my porch in the (apparently futile) hope that the UPS guy would get the hint that he should quit leaving packages in front of my garage in easy view of potential thieves and walk the extra 30 feet to leave them on the porch which is fairly hidden. Then again, I would settle for him simply refraining from stacking heavy packages on top of fragile packages when leaving them in front of my garage.

User Info Menu

I think Amazon does this with some of their 3rd party delivery services, to prove the package was actually delivered. I bet they also start using GPS "check-in" functions, along with the GPS-tagged pic, to confirm delivery.

At least all my delivery folks (UPS, FEDEX, and the 3rd party folks) will walk up to the porch. Our USPS lady tosses packages from her truck towards the driveway side-door. I've shown pics and video to the local postmaster, but I think it just ticks her off and she does it more.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Ok so I "deliver" the package, take a pic, and then throw the package back in my car? Now I get paid for the delivery, and get Christmas as in July all in the same day!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Ok so I "deliver" the package, take a pic, and then throw the package back in my car? Now I get paid for the delivery, and get Christmas as in July all in the same day!
    Seems foolproof, right?
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    ... Our USPS lady tosses packages from her truck towards the driveway side-door. I've shown pics and video to the local postmaster, but I think it just ticks her off and she does it more.
    Be careful what you ask for:

User Info Menu

Ive not been terribly pleased with their new couriers.

*ring*
    Me: Hello?
    Him: Hi this is your amazon delivery driver. I'm sitting in the turn lane at __th street. Which house is yours?
    M: Excuse me?
    H: Yeah, Which house is yours? I have a package for you.
    M: Well, what street number is on the label?
    H: xxxx.
    M: Did you try delivering it there?
    H: You mean the business? No.
    M: Well, thats my office. Have a good day.

Morons cant even follow basic directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Must be rough, up there near the metro areas where Amazon still offers customized deliveries. Our Prime "service" keeps losing features such as overnight delivery. Yet we pay the same price for it as those who get ALL of the features...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Be careful what you ask for:

That extra lazy, pink shirted lard as s deserves a beatin'.

Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast