• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierglock40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure if this is something new or I'm just out of the loop, but I got a package today that I ordered from Amazon. looking at the tracking details page on their website shows that it was delivered and then there is a "delivery photo". It just shows my front door/porch with the package sitting there. Below are options to leave feedback about the picture or to request they not be taken. I'm not sure if it's just seeing my place from the outside perspective or what but I don't like it. Has anyone else seen this or have an opinion on it? I'm just not a fan of people taking pictures of my stuff, even if it could be in public view.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had a package delivered by a service connected with Amazon and they showed a picture of the package sitting at my front gate.
    But the picture didn't show anything that would be a threat to my security.
    So I didn't mind.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I wish UPS would do something like this so that I could respond with a photo of my porch in the (apparently futile) hope that the UPS guy would get the hint that he should quit leaving packages in front of my garage in easy view of potential thieves and walk the extra 30 feet to leave them on the porch which is fairly hidden. Then again, I would settle for him simply refraining from stacking heavy packages on top of fragile packages when leaving them in front of my garage.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think Amazon does this with some of their 3rd party delivery services, to prove the package was actually delivered. I bet they also start using GPS "check-in" functions, along with the GPS-tagged pic, to confirm delivery.

At least all my delivery folks (UPS, FEDEX, and the 3rd party folks) will walk up to the porch. Our USPS lady tosses packages from her truck towards the driveway side-door. I've shown pics and video to the local postmaster, but I think it just ticks her off and she does it more.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ok so I "deliver" the package, take a pic, and then throw the package back in my car? Now I get paid for the delivery, and get Christmas as in July all in the same day!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... Our USPS lady tosses packages from her truck towards the driveway side-door. I've shown pics and video to the local postmaster, but I think it just ticks her off and she does it more.

Be careful what you ask for:

[video=youtube;5dNDdYp5Moc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNDdYp5Moc[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive not been terribly pleased with their new couriers.

*ring*
    Me: Hello?
    Him: Hi this is your amazon delivery driver. I'm sitting in the turn lane at __th street. Which house is yours?
    M: Excuse me?
    H: Yeah, Which house is yours? I have a package for you.
    M: Well, what street number is on the label?
    H: xxxx.
    M: Did you try delivering it there?
    H: You mean the business? No.
    M: Well, thats my office. Have a good day.

Morons cant even follow basic directions.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Must be rough, up there near the metro areas where Amazon still offers customized deliveries. Our Prime "service" keeps losing features such as overnight delivery. Yet we pay the same price for it as those who get ALL of the features... :xmad:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think Amazon does this with some of their 3rd party delivery services, to prove the package was actually delivered...

A couple month ago, I gotta big kick out of rapper/actor Ice T tweeting to Amazon about nearly shooting a 3rd party delivery person who he described as "creeping up to my crib".:laugh: And he's known to be a big 2A believer so I think he was only partially kidding.

My Amazon packages have always come by USPS or UPS, so I just laughed it off as a problem for city folks.

Then Saturday, an unmarked white van pulled into my driveway. It was occupied by two large, black men. Now, I don't want be labeled a racist or be accused of profiling, but let's just say their presence in my neighborhood increased our African-American population by approximately 200%. When the one in the passenger seat jumped out with an Amazon box, I immediately thought of Ice T's tweet and got another chuckle out of it. The dude was friendly and professional, but besides the box he was holding, had nothing to indicate his purpose in my driveway. I told him, you guys REALLY need something on that van or some polo shirts with Amazon printed on them. He laughed and said I wasn't the first to suggest it.

Then this AM, I get a buzz on my phone from my Ring doorbell for motion at the front door. Nobody EVER goes to our front door. I check it and see a crappy looking Sprinter van sitting in the road with 4 ways on and two long bearded, tatted up, not well dressed, tweaker lookin white guys standing at the bottom of my front steps. They were messing with their phones and talking. I watched them for a few minutes before I hit the speaker button and asked them exactly WTF they were doing in my front yard. They were startled and explained they dropped off an Amazon package. I checked my orders and verified I was in fact expecting a package. They went on to explain this was their first day delivering and were struggling with their phones, the delivery app, and uploading the delivery photo. I politely told to struggle with it in their van, somewhere else.

They REALLY need a way to identify these people. Especially for those delivering in rural areas where we don't expect, or want, any visitors.:rolleyes:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My favorite Amazon photo was my packages sitting on someone else's porch. The doofasses can't be bothered to actually check the house number, they just see the mailbox (between two houses) and walk through the grass up to the porch instead of up the driveway and across the sidewalk which would take them past a house number marker laid into the bricks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok so I "deliver" the package, take a pic, and then throw the package back in my car? Now I get paid for the delivery, and get Christmas as in July all in the same day!
    That does happen:
    [video=youtube;DEr4UNlXEeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEr4UNlXEeg[/video]

Or they steal another package:
    [video=youtube;ljVfnptKQ9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVfnptKQ9c[/video]

And then there's this:
    [video=youtube;FhnwPMx8wuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhnwPMx8wuQ[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They REALLY need a way to identify these people. Especially for those delivering in rural areas where we don't expect, or want, any visitors.:rolleyes:

Double edged sword. You got a sprinter with tens of thousands of dollars worth of consumer goods in the back. That Amazon logo on the truck is a target for thugs. "Smarter" thugs have actually figured out sprinters were amazon trucks and hijacked them.

But yes, uniforms would help identify them as AMZ couriers. (it works for UPS and Fedex)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We have a new Amazon hub up here I think. The grey sprinter van with Amazon all over them and drivers wearing safety vest that say Amazon.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have a new Amazon hub up here I think. The grey sprinter van with Amazon all over them and drivers wearing safety vest that say Amazon.
    I've gotten a new set of grey vans w/ the Amazon logo, too. Much better than the clapped out compact car, blaring mariachi music, and 3 young guys in wife-beaters jumping out and running up and down the street, while the driver vapes and drums the wheel to the music. That is just not.... normal.... for this 'hood. We play 80's rock instead. :rockwoot:

Granted, the one time I caught the package in the driveway (was outside working), the dude was very polite.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Who doesn't know when they have a package "out for delivery"? When the van pulls in the driveway, 2+2=4.

Me.

I'm old. Sometimes, I forget.:rolleyes:

And sometimes the wife orders more stuff we don't need and she forgets to tell me she ordered it. She's old too. But don't tell her I said so.

Top Bottom