• ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It is not just here my friend.

I believe there was an honor code at one time making funerals off limits to retaliation. Or was that a movie plot...???

I remember seeing a movie back in the 1970s titled "The Cross and the Switchblade," in which a gang retaliates against another at a funeral.
    I was appalled at the time with the prospect of fictionalized violence at what was supposed to be a sacred gathering, but here it is in real life.
    Totally soulless.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I don't know if I should say, what I want to .....

I talked to several people, at the Safeway,

where I work, we all agreed, that if they shoot each other,

It saves us the trouble, and LEO, the trouble .....

I don't know what is worse .....

Prayers for the grieving family .....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is this "Grundy Crew" significant enough to cause concern for people who do not purposely interact with criminals?

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I remember seeing a movie back in the 1970s titled "The Cross and the Switchblade," in which a gang retaliates against another at a funeral.
    I was appalled at the time with the prospect of fictionalized violence at what was supposed to be a sacred gathering, but here it is in real life.
    Totally soulless.

That movie was based on the book by David Wilkerson. The book was a true story. Not sure how closely the movie followed the real life events. Pat Boone played Pastor Wilkerson. Erik Estrada played gang member Nicky Cruz.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not really. Stupid juror effect.
    As I recall, certain prosecutors were willing to offer fairly generous pleas to gang members who killed other gang members because juries didn't convict of murder in those situations. The prosecutors didn't WANT to, didn't like doing it, but a plea to a B Felony (or whatever it is now) was better than an acquittal to murder.

Sucked all the way around.

(I also kinda think there was a dark humor to it. "Yeah, you'll be out in a couple years, then we'll be in the same situation offering a plea to the guy who kills you." That was never explicitly stated, but it was the feeling that I got from it.)

Top Bottom