• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    There is currently a "Go Fund Me" (ie beg for money) campaign in Bloomington that has raised almost $10,000 to help care for, and adopt out, about 150 hamsters that were turned in to an animal shelter. Is it insentive to think that a snake breeder could have just done a mass adoption and the $10,000 could have been put to better use?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Is it insentive to think that a snake breeder could have just done a mass adoption and the $10,000 could have been put to better use?

It's all about perception. But I agree with you. If they've earned the money and have chose to use it in that way so be it. A lot of people would probably say me spending ~$30k on guns and related accessories in the past 10yrs is idiotic. Well, they're entitled to think that. I don't have to agree with it

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I saw this article about a week ago. Iirc they brought them up from somewhere in Fla. because they couldn't adopt them all out. Of all the problems we have in the world we're saving freakin' hamsters from out of state. I knew Floridians can't get the voting thing figured out but hamster glut? With all of the snakes on the loose down there it would seem an easy fix.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw this article about a week ago. Iirc they brought them up from somewhere in Fla. because they couldn't adopt them all out. Of all the problems we have in the world we're saving freakin' hamsters from out of state. I knew Floridians can't get the voting thing figured out but hamster glut? With all of the snakes on the loose down there it would seem an easy fix.

You beat me to it! Maybe someone could start a "feed the snakes" go fund me.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Give me the 10k and the hamsters. I can assure you they won't be fed to any snakes although my labs are pretty adept at rooting out rodents so no promises there!:rockwoot:

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    In Bloomington you say, I'm surprised someone didn't just take all of them and try to set a record for sticking them.....oh wait, that's gerbils not hamsters.

Dirty Steve

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I adopted stuff like that all the time when I used to breed snakes. I even had a local pet store that would call me up and give me stuff that got brought in when the "kids" when to college or whatever. Lots of old guinnea pigs... lol.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I adopted stuff like that all the time when I used to breed snakes. I even had a local pet store that would call me up and give me stuff that got brought in when the "kids" when to college or whatever. Lots of old guinnea pigs... lol.

We found a bunny nest at my wife's step mom's place a few weeks ago. I asked my younger brother-in-law if he knew anyone that had any snakes - as it was either let their dog get at them (which wasn't really an option that anyone wanted to live through) or step-mom's husband was going to take care of them. Sadly - no snake-owners were found.

Top Bottom