• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is the kind of story that really discourages me about, well, everything.

News from The Associated Press

Teens filmed, mocked drowning man, Cocoa police say

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/teens-laugh-as-man-drowns?utm_term=.ruXoXqNV0#.ks9Qma53W

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to endanger their own life to save someone else, but the least they could have done was call 911. Even if he drowned then there was a slight chance mouth to mouth resuscitation could have brought him back. Who knows how close emergency responders were.

It would appear that no laws were broken, although morally speaking cruelly taunting a man about to die might be considered torture of some sort. Also, isn't it a crime to not report a crime in some jurisdictions, such as multiple people witnessing a rape but not even calling police?

No matter how it goes, just sad.

Regards,

Doug

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I read the article somewhat but I won't open the link to the video.
    I see enough disgusting behavior and read about it. I'm fed up with the so called "human" beings on this planet. Some are closer to animals than human.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Over here, France (and other European countries) you are required by law to render help to someone in danger (up to 5 years in jail).
    If you don't know how to swim you are not required to jump into the water but not calling for help would be a crime.

In the US you are only required by law to rescue your spouse apparently.

And in some states you are required to call 911 if you notice someone in danger.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The boys will get older.....Wiser...The ramifications of their lack of actions will haunt them the rest of their lives.....Their friends know who they are and word will get out as to who they are....Girls will not want to be around them...Family will not want to be around them...Nightmares will haunt their nights...Twenty years from now thousands of their dollars will be monthly spent on therapy......

And then one day up in Kingdom they will stand at the Throne for Judgment...And will cringe, shake, beg, and cry when God hits the play button on the video....

I feel sick...My daughter is autistic and this just hurts....When she is not around or at school I rely on the kindness of strangers if she ever finds herself in such a situation....This sort of ruins that for me.....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The boys will get older.....Wiser...The ramifications of their lack of actions will haunt them the rest of their lives.....Their friends know who they are and word will get out as to who they are....Girls will not want to be around them...Family will not want to be around them...Nightmares will haunt their nights...Twenty years from now thousands of their dollars will be monthly spent on therapy......

And then one day up in Kingdom they will stand at the Throne for Judgment...And will cringe, shake, beg, and cry when God hits the play button on the video....

I feel sick...My daughter is autistic and this just hurts....When she is not around or at school I rely on the kindness of strangers if she ever finds herself in such a situation....This sort of ruins that for me.....

You rarely hear about it when good people do what's right.
    It happens everyday and when people are humble, unless you have many witnesses, it doesn't make it to the news.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The boys will get older.....Wiser...The ramifications of their lack of actions will haunt them the rest of their lives..........

I predict that with souls already this dead these "kids" will not survive long enough to suffer any regret -- they'll end up on a coroner's table eventually. I just hope they won't hurt anyone else, or allow anyone else to be hurt, on their way to their early deaths, but I'm sure my hope will be dashed.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I saw this on FB and can still not wrap my head around the stupid levels here.
    I only hope that Karma will visit each one of them in kind.
    And you know it will. Nothing suprises me anymore. And the really sad thing is, they are breeding at a faster rate then those with a set of moral values. If you haven't been taught it, you can't live it. Your not going to pick it up on the street. I fear for our society, we have lost our way. So sad.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Florida. No surprise here.

I am sure the thugs in Ft. Wayne would have jumped right in...

There are piles of crap all over the world.

Someone should have called it in instead of making a video.

Had you been in good enough shape to make it out to the drowning person I assure you they would have drown you as soon as you made contact, sucks to say but true.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am sure the thugs in Ft. Wayne would have jumped right in...

There are piles of crap all over the world.

Someone should have called it in instead of making a video.

Had you been in good enough shape to make it out to the drowning person I assure you they would have drown you as soon as you made contact, sucks to say but true.

True unless you are using your head and get them gripped properly.

And keep in mind a Coast Guard swimmer will knock you out if you try that with them.

Top Bottom