• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Came across something today that said: Honorably discharged Veterans will soon be eligible to shop all online exchanges. I'm kinda interested to see what prices they will have. Supposed to be tax free and free shipping on some items/certain dollar amounts. I'm a vet and figured there are quite a few others on here so I thought I'd share it. Here is the link to the website. You have to verify that you were honorably discharged through the website.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/s?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=vosbwelcome

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Came across something today that said: Honorably discharged Veterans will soon be eligible to shop all online exchanges. I'm kinda interested to see what prices they will have. Supposed to be tax free and free shipping on some items/certain dollar amounts. I'm a vet and figured there are quite a few others on here so I thought I'd share it. Here is the link to the website. You have to verify that you were honorably discharged through the website.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/s?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=vosbwelcome

Thank You, for posting .....

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Thanks so much for posting this.
    As a non-retiree veteran, it's hard to find anything of substance to use on the "outside."

Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    They're saying they can't verify me.

Pulled this from the FAQ's

Q. Why can’t I be authenticated?There are several possible reasons you cannot be authenticated.

• [*=left]Your information was entered incorrectly. To be authorized, you must provide your first and last name, social security number and birthdate. If information is submitted inaccurately, you cannot be authenticated. If you receive an error, please check the requested information for accuracy and completeness and resubmit.
      [*=left]You did not enter your last name as it was at the time of your discharge.
      [*=left]Your discharge was not characterized as either "honorable" or "general under honorable conditions."
      [*=left]You have been discharged too recently to be in the DMDC database.
      [*=left]Your discharge information is unavailable.
    The Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) is digitizing hundreds of thousands of personnel records for military service members. It is possible your record has not been added to the DMDC database yet.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    "Record could not be found. Your record has not been digitized from its original stone tablet."

Man, I knew it was a long time ago, but Exodus?

Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    "Record could not be found. Your record has not been digitized from its original stone tablet."

Man, I knew it was a long time ago, but Exodus?

:): It is tough getting old.

I'm not sure there will be any bargains on the exchange, probably tough to compete with Amazon, WalMart, etc. Back in my younger days I remember the beer and cigarettes being cheaper than dirt. Of course the military didn't promote drinking and smoking!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I got out in 1963 so it looks like they lost my records in the fire. Fortunately I have my original DD 214.

Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Received my "Congratulations You Are Verified" email today, says I can start shopping on Nov 11th. I looked around on the site a little bit but didn't see any great bargains.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom