• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    About a month ago, I asked INGO for some vacation ideas:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/437936-need-some-vacation-ideas.html

This was the first vacation my wife and I have taken.

I took the advice, and me, my wife, and our 7 month old son went to Ohio and Kentucky. We left on Friday, and got home this afternoon.

Friday, we drove to Kentucky and visited the Ark Encounter. I have read the stories of Noah's Ark in the Bible, but could never picture the size of it. Seeing the replica was an amazing sight. Inside, it was interesting seeing how the animals might have been kept.

Now, for those that have never met me in person, I'm pretty easy-going. It takes a lot to make me mad. And visiting the Ark Encounter is suppose to be a religious experience. But, with so many people there, on top of the very hot temperatures, might have set me off. When you have people stop in the middle of a busy walkway to take pictures, well, instead of getting into the religious experience, it just pissed me off. And I almost went off on a moron that backed into the stroller with my son inside it.

After the Ark, we had planned on going to the Cincinnati Zoo. But it was way too hot for that. So, we decided to park at our hotel, and walked around and see the sights of the Newport on the Levee.

When it was time to check into our hotel, Hampton Inn, something else happened that set me off. When I made the reservations, I requested a baby crib. When we arrived, they informed us they were out of cribs. And the desk clerk didn't seem to much care about it. I got mad, and informed her that I made the reservation a month ago and had requested a crib. Now we are here, with a 7 month old baby, and he needs to sleep in something. So since this is a hotel, you NEED to provide him with something.

To make a long story short, we were in our hotel room looking for another motel that would provide a crib, when the staff found a pack 'n' play. So luckily it worked out.

This morning, we got up early and checked out the Newport Aquarium. My son absolutely loved it. He loved it so much that he forgot about his nap, and even went over his time for a bottle. I think his favorite part was the Penguins.

The aquarium was the best part of the trip. So my thanks for INGO for recommending it.

I did take pictures, but because of PhotoBucket, I can't share them right now.

Just thought I'd share!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Glad you had a good time, aside from the jerks.

Different people DO vacation differently! The OP said he took pictures so other than accidently backing into OP's stroller where was the foul? Aren't other people allowed to take pictures? When you're out in public the world does not revolve around you! Personally I have a very low tolerance of people so I go to extra efforts to not place myself in a position where "normal" interactions will cause me grief. IOW I don't ask them to treat me special. I know people are going to block the aisle, I know kids are going to be running around the restaurant screaming while the oblivious parents complain about their pancakes and I know that people don't know how to park so I make plans for it and deal with it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Different people DO vacation differently! The OP said he took pictures so other than accidently backing into OP's stroller where was the foul? Aren't other people allowed to take pictures? When you're out in public the world does not revolve around you! Personally I have a very low tolerance of people so I go to extra efforts to not place myself in a position where "normal" interactions will cause me grief. IOW I don't ask them to treat me special. I know people are going to block the aisle, I know kids are going to be running around the restaurant screaming while the oblivious parents complain about their pancakes and I know that people don't know how to park so I make plans for it and deal with it.

I don't ask for special treatment. What I do ask is people to be considerate to others. For instance, you're at a biblical attraction, with scripture readings all over the wall. Why not FOLLOW the scripture sayings, such as "do unto others"? That's not too much to ask.

I don't care if you want to take pictures, but don't be a jerk about it and cause everyone else grief.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And visiting the Ark Encounter is suppose to be a religious experience. But, with so many people there, on top of the very hot temperatures, might have set me off. When you have people stop in the middle of a busy walkway to take pictures, well, instead of getting into the religious experience, it just pissed me off. And I almost went off on a moron that backed into the stroller with my son inside it.

Look on the bright side. At least your family didn't drown.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't ask for special treatment. What I do ask is people to be considerate to others.

I wish I could offer some advice here but what you posted is the reason I cannot stand to be surrounded by strangers. I hate crowds with a passion, I can't stand going shopping and an amusement park is nothing more than someone who is supposed to care about me trying to make me have a stroke or heart attack. It's unfortunate but being a considerate and respectful human being these days (and expecting the same from others) is as much as curse as it is a rarity. People suck, period.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Lesson learned to have your own pack and play? We never went out of town without our own.

Agreed. I remember those days. Just made it easier all around, especially if something unexpected happened and we got stuck somewhere we did not intend to.

I wish I could offer some advice here but what you posted is the reason I cannot stand to be surrounded by strangers. I hate crowds with a passion, I can't stand going shopping and an amusement park is nothing more than someone who is supposed to care about me trying to make me have a stroke or heart attack. It's unfortunate but being a considerate and respectful human being these days (and expecting the same from others) is as much as curse as it is a rarity. People suck, period.

Yep, I'm pretty much there with you. I find myself not going nearly as many places as I used to these days.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    LM, I am glad that you and your family, had a good time .....

I really like the aquarium .....

I will be going back, sometime .....

I also am like Phylo, I can't stand crowds .....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    About a month ago, I asked INGO for some vacation ideas:https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/437936-need-some-vacation-ideas.htmlThis was the first vacation my wife and I have taken. I took the advice, and me, my wife, and our 7 month old son went to Ohio and Kentucky. We left on Friday, and got home this afternoon.Friday, we drove to Kentucky and visited the Ark Encounter. I have read the stories of Noah's Ark in the Bible, but could never picture the size of it. Seeing the replica was an amazing sight. Inside, it was interesting seeing how the animals might have been kept.Now, for those that have never met me in person, I'm pretty easy-going. It takes a lot to make me mad. And visiting the Ark Encounter is suppose to be a religious experience. But, with so many people there, on top of the very hot temperatures, might have set me off. When you have people stop in the middle of a busy walkway to take pictures, well, instead of getting into the religious experience, it just pissed me off. And I almost went off on a moron that backed into the stroller with my son inside it.After the Ark, we had planned on going to the Cincinnati Zoo. But it was way too hot for that. So, we decided to park at our hotel, and walked around and see the sights of the Newport on the Levee. When it was time to check into our hotel, Hampton Inn, something else happened that set me off. When I made the reservations, I requested a baby crib. When we arrived, they informed us they were out of cribs. And the desk clerk didn't seem to much care about it. I got mad, and informed her that I made the reservation a month ago and had requested a crib. Now we are here, with a 7 month old baby, and he needs to sleep in something. So since this is a hotel, you NEED to provide him with something.To make a long story short, we were in our hotel room looking for another motel that would provide a crib, when the staff found a pack 'n' play. So luckily it worked out.This morning, we got up early and checked out the Newport Aquarium. My son absolutely loved it. He loved it so much that he forgot about his nap, and even went over his time for a bottle. I think his favorite part was the Penguins.The aquarium was the best part of the trip. So my thanks for INGO for recommending it. I did take pictures, but because of PhotoBucket, I can't share them right now.Just thought I'd share!
    I'm in Cincy now, staying at a WONDERFUL hotel (AC by Marriott), hit the Aquarium early, then on to Lebanon for a train ride with Daniel Tiger(boy was that UNBEARABLY HOT AND UNCOMFORTABLE! But all that was forgotten as soon as my little Princess saw Daniel Tiger walking through the train car and lit up with the biggest smile and all of the excitement a 19 month old could muster). I was VERY disappointed that the Ducks on the levee were out of business, but we still made an enjoyable day out of it despite the heat and rede mother****ers who think the entire world revolves around them!

Top Bottom