• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I ordered an oil filter for my truck on the 20th, supposed to be delivered today. Yet again, Amazon fails to deliver when they say they will, keeps telling me it'll be here today by 8pm then at 8pm it changes to sometime between now & Wednesday. This makes 5 or 6 times this year and I never had a problem in several years until January. So I log on and tell them to keep it and remind them that they're sucking pretty hard these days. The screen pops up that I'm being refunded but this time it says I don't have to return the item to them. Sweet. I've never in my life been a take something for nothing type of person but for the aggravation they've caused me in not delivering on time I don't mind this a bit. I might just have to start buying everything on there just to roll the dice and get things I need for free. Late of course but free.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A lot of this seems to be their new delivery model of using their own private delivery drivers. Saw a taxi cab at the neighbor's house recently and appeared to be delivering an Amazon package.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    A lot of this seems to be their new delivery model of using their own private delivery drivers. Saw a taxi cab at the neighbor's house recently and appeared to be delivering an Amazon package.
    Did he/she have a camera too?(ok, I have no idea if the driver was misidentified according to gender, but camera?)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I find that I only get stuff that originates out of the Whitestown warehouse about 50% of the time. The other 50% it disappears between the time the courier leaves the warehouse and it is handed off to USPS. And they make me wait 5 days before I can claim it as a lost shipment. Really? Tracking shows the USPS never got it, yet you wont file a claim? Wait. Nevermind. It IS the USPS after all. There is a huge chance it is their fault.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    This is no bs. Last week I saw a shirtless and barefoot guy delivering Amazon packages from a beat up minivan with children in the back. In a swanky Carmel neighborhood. They looked ultra out of place.

Obviously Amazon is using anyone with a heartbeat to get packages out nowadays. Shoes and shirt must not be required anymore?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Huh.

I ordered a UPS battery for my kiddo's powerwheels. Set to deliver on Monday (no hurry shipping). Got a text that it was arriving by 8pm on Saturday instead. Showed up before noon on Saturday. Kid was back to cruising the 'hood that afternoon.

Wife and I were laughing about Amazon yesterday after all that. We've had 5 deliveries in 7 days. Prices are better than we can find locally, or the stuff can't even be found locally, with free 2-day shipping, so why not?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    'Ordering lots of stuff on Amazon' and 'stuff can't be found locally' should remind you of a chicken/egg problem - two sides if the same coin

Forget about Google and FaceTube, Amazon is really taking over the world

As for USPS, NPS (Nazi Parcel Svc) or FE, I'd pay extra for FE if they'd only let me. If I know no one will be home I can direct the shipment electronically to a local FedEx Office where it will be held until I come and pick it up. NPS just throws it on the stoop and runs and if its bigger than my mailbox or the space between my stormdoor and front door, USPS doesn't seem to have much of a plan

With NPS, I can't even ask for signature release, only the shipper can. Uugh

Last edited:

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    This is no bs. Last week I saw a shirtless and barefoot guy delivering Amazon packages from a beat up minivan with children in the back. In a swanky Carmel neighborhood. They looked ultra out of place.

Obviously Amazon is using anyone with a heartbeat to get packages out nowadays. Shoes and shirt must not be required anymore?

I'll take no shirt, no shoes and accurate/on time delivery 10 times out of 10.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

You weren't suppose to see me. I guess I need a refund on the Ninja training.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had an update last week said delivered to wrong address with a new arrival date. Most of my problems have been carrier related.

On this note and not a thread jack I am having some bad experiences with most everyone I use for on line purchase if it is a smaller item. They tend to put it with USPS instead of dealing with it themselves. Once lost in that maze delivery times are doubles over what I have been used to in the past. If I get it at all.
    I order a lot of small parts and pieces for firearms and have had to put off completion of projects due to this.

Now, back to Amazon.....:):

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    #firstworldproblems

I'm probably younger than the average INGO'r, but I still remember when you had to wait 6-8 WEEKS for delivery, and tracking numbers were non-existent. Felt like I waited years for that crappy "survival knife" and bull whip from the back of Boy's Life.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    #firstworldproblems

I'm probably younger than the average INGO'r, but I still remember when you had to wait 6-8 WEEKS for delivery, and tracking numbers were non-existent. Felt like I waited years for that crappy "survival knife" and bull whip from the back of Boy's Life.

And there was no such thing as free shipping!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    #firstworldproblems

I'm old enough to remember saving cereal boxtops and sending them in and waiting weeks (which to an 8 year old kid might as well be YEARS) for some little crappy "free" toy to arrive by mail. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not defending Amazon, but I've had carrier problems recently with both UPS and FedEx. Not with Amazon, but other companies, they'll both sit on deliveries until their farther out ship date is matched. The difficulty is that their tracking shows exactly what they are doing.

I'm betting, behind the scenes, these shippers are pressuring Amazon financially.

Top Bottom