• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not convinced that video evidence of me kicking the lungs out of that douche for denting my hood would work out too well for me. :):

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I've been using one for over eight years now. It's cheap insurance.

It's funny watching the so called witness take off running too.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I would have let the police get there before I told anyone I had a dash cam. At least then the little bastards would get arrested.

I wouldn't care if they got arrested, but it wouldn't been nice to have them identified so I could sue for the damages to my car.

But, then again, that guy probably has nothing, so there's that.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I've been seriously considering installing one after I either....

A.) get my truck back from the repair shop after they've fixed the damages done when I was T-boned last Friday. Or...
    B.) buy a new truck after I receive a check for the value of my truck after it's determined to be totaled.

Guy T-boned me while headed home from work. He exited 65 at the wrong exit and was trying to get back on and crossed 3 lanes of traffic just to broad side me and spin me 180 degrees. He was a driver for a Chevrolet dealership in Hazard KY. So now I get to play the insurance game with a big out of state company that could care less about me or my property.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So now I get to play the insurance game with a big out of state company that could care less about me or my property.

I would let your insurance company deal with the other insurance company, regardless of fault. It is generally much less of a headache.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not convinced that video evidence of me kicking the lungs out of that douche for denting my hood would work out too well for me. :):

Yeah my 1st thought as well but dragging his butt out of camera for a real tune up would be something to consider.
    Wonder why he bolted unless he saw the camera or was told of it.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I would let your insurance company deal with the other insurance company, regardless of fault. It is generally much less of a headache.

My insurance has made no attempt to contact me since I first called them so they could handle the BMV. I was told by the other guys insurance to go ahead and get my truck fixed or totaled and have my insurance cover it and if determined not my fault then they would reimburse my company.

I told him not a chance.

Is it up to me to ask my insurance to do what I consider as their job, and handle this for me? Serious question.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    My insurance has made no attempt to contact me since I first called them so they could handle the BMV. I was told by the other guys insurance to go ahead and get my truck fixed or totaled and have my insurance cover it and if determined not my fault then they would reimburse my company.

I told him not a chance.

Is it up to me to ask my insurance to do what I consider as their job, and handle this for me? Serious question.

Yes, it is always up to you to watch out after your best interests. After our accident I rode my insurance company like a rented horse until I got satisfaction.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Yes. You have to file a claim with your insurance. Note you may initially have to pay your deductible until fault is determined and then you will be reimbursed, depending on how obvious fault is and who your insurance is.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I told him not a chance.

Some years ago, my daughter bumped a truck in front of her at a stop light. She exchanged information with the person and we contacted our insurance agent. He took it from there and I had no further contact with the other person or their insurance company. But, then a short time after that, I got a call from a nearby hospital requesting payment for treatment of "injuries" sustained by a passenger in the truck. The lady from the hospital wanted my name and date of birth and/or my daughter's name and date of birth. She insisted that it was my responsibility to pay the hospital bill and then to file a claim with my insurance. I didn't give her any info and I called my agent and he told me not to give the hospital any information other than his name and phone number. He said "you pay us to handle these things, so don't worry about it". I found out later that my insurance company didn't pay any of the hospital charges and only paid for the slight damage to the truck. All I ended up having to do was to email pictures of my car to verify how slight the damage was to help refute the injury claim.

Top Bottom