• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Early this morning, we got the phone call that no parent wants to get. DoggyMama's (Susan) oldest daughter died of an overdose. She's been an addict for 14 years, so while we've expected this, it doesn't make it any easier. Whatever killed her wasn't an opiate because Narcan didn't help. We will have to wait for the official coroner's report to find out what it was.

Feeling a lot of anger and grief right now. I want revenge so badly, but throwing my life away won't bring her daughter Brandy back. Some of the LEOs on here know a little bit of her story through previous PM conversations. At any rate, if you're so inclined, please keep Susan and her family in your prayers. She left behind 3 kids ages 3 thru 8.

Jim

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ugh, sorry buddy. Prayers in bound.

could still be narcotic, just a huge dose of some of the synthetics like carfentanil the suppliers are mixing in with heroin :(

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/344371001/

Whatever it was she apparently smoked it in a glass pipe, went into the bathroom and started vomiting, then came back out and collapsed. Crack was her drug of choice but who knows what was in that pipe. Thanks Doc and Greg.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Prayers your way from my family to yours. Stay strong for your wife and the grandkids

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having struggled with this very close to home I understand. More than you know.
    Prayers and positive thoughts outbound.

You have to know that nothing you do or say will sway the mindset. It is up to those involved to come to the light. Revenge will change nothing but only ruin your life as well. Be strong for DM and help her find peace.

Condolences.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Having struggled with this very close to home I understand. More than you know.
    Prayers and positive thoughts outbound.

You have to know that nothing you do or say will sway the mindset. It is up to those involved to come to the light. Revenge will change nothing but only ruin your life as well. Be strong for DM and help her find peace.

Condolences.

Thanks CM. I know you and I have talked about this a little before also.

Thanks again everyone.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I hate seeing these tragedies. Addiction is a terrible beast that affects so many more people than the addict. I'm truly sorry for your loss, I really am. For every addict we come across we have to realize that they are someones loved one and that even if they were not currently close to their family, their passing leaves a void that can never be filled in their lives. So sorry.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hate seeing these tragedies. Addiction is a terrible beast that affects so many more people than the addict. I'm truly sorry for your loss, I really am. For every addict we come across we have to realize that they are someones loved one and that even if they were not currently close to their family, their passing leaves a void that can never be filled in their lives. So sorry.

Absolutely right. Brandy had such a bright future when she was 17... free ride to a couple of colleges, National Honor Society, all that... and she chose to throw that all away for a crack pipe. Now dead at 31 with 3 kids that barely knew her and two twin nephews, 2 months old, that she never even met. Thankfully the fathers of her children are good men (2 with one father, 1 with another) and they are much loved by all around them.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hey DD, prayers sent buddy.
    I'm here if you need me Jimmy.
    This is something I never thought I'd ever see or experience but I now know 4 people that are having to live through family overdoses and a death. All in the last 2 years.
    I know of 2 in one family.
    I understand the motive of setting things right but I doubt I doubt you could ever get close to the bottom feeder causing this misery and pain.
    Hopefully we'll be able to find some semblance of satisfaction knowing the Messenger of Death will take those responsible for this to the most heinous of places in creation.
    I can only hope for this as I am not nor do I want to be the type of person that could ever find satisfaction in the pain of another. I know you pretty well and I know you're not the type of person to let it destroy you. You're a good man DD and I know your strength will rise in you.
    God Bless you and your family my friend.
    You'll be in my prayers.

Top Bottom