OK, let's say you have had all you teeth pulled, and…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I had my teeth pulled about a year ago. I got my dentures and they won't stay on the bottoms no matter what I do. I have tired the powder adhesive and the goopy stuff, nothing works. When I got to eat something, the bottoms come off and then stuff gets under them and that really hurts. They have been fitted and refitted and they have said I do not have enough bone for the bottoms to stay on and my only option is implants. I don't have enough money for implants. I would be saving for another ten years to wind up with the money I would need for the implants. I can't eat a sandwich and the stuff I love, it crunches so that too is out. I CAN'T EVEN EAT A PIZZA! If it is crushed up and mixed into something I can at least enjoy a little bacon.

What would you do? What would YOU eat? I am about at wits end and I want something good to eat.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Take a stapler and secure them down good. The staples should be removable if need be. Gorilla glue "GEL" maybe? Hey, Flex Seal will work under water....
    Soups, beef broth, pasta, etc.
    I'm into a good steak so I'm sure I'd cut pieces small, gum the hell out of 'em and swallow 'em whole best I could
    I figure smartarse comments were in order. Seems like the professionals gave you the proper options already.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I had the same problem with lowers and wasn't about to spend the money on implants, dental advice be damned. This may not work for everybody but I just stopped wearing the lower about 10 years ago. No problem!

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Have you asked another dentist for an opinion? It doesn't make sense that you don't have enough bone since that's what they are going to put the implants in. I looked into that and was told you need good bone for implants. I would get another opinion. My first dentist wanted to pull all my teeth and I went to another that talked me out of it. Just pulled the ones that needed to go so I have support for a partial. Anyway, a second, or even third opinion won't hurt.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Squeezable-Bacon.jpg

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Would it be any cheaper to have the implants done at IU Indy dental school?

My wife has a condition where two of her adult teeth never came in, after she lost the baby teeth. We're only a couple years out of school, and she really needed the implants done because the bone was deteriorating. We saved about a third of the cost doing it down there. It was a pain driving down for the appointments, but I felt pretty good about the quality of care she received, and didn't feel like we took any risks getting it done there as opposed to locally.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My wife was talking the other day about how bad her teeth were and how she was probably going to end up with false teeth. She asked me if I would still love her if she didn't have teeth.

My immediate response was YES!!!!!!!

I got smacked for that one. She said she ca't even have a normal conversation with me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    curious, did you get the teeth pulled and dentures made the same day? Or did you let the mouth heal, the gums reform, and then get the denture molds done?

Usually if you get the full mouth extraction and then same-day dentures your fit won't be as good since the contour of your gum and bone will change as the sockets adjust to not having teeth.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife was talking the other day about how bad her teeth were and how she was probably going to end up with false teeth. She asked me if I would still love her if she didn't have teeth.

I got smacked for that one. She said she ca't even have a normal conversation with me.

:rofl:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    my mouth healed before U got my dentures, they still won'y stay put. IGK, I would sell stuff to get implants but I have tried to do that before, I even put reasonable prices on things but never get much interest. I will get it figured out, I just want to have a nice, crunchy crust pizza…

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Don't sweat it. It's way over rated.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    When I eat harder foods, I put a small piece in both sides of the mouth. The pressure is equalized. If you chew on one side only, the other side pops ups due to unequal pressure. It takes some getting used to, but it works. Also, your bottoms may need to be re-lined.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    You just need a momma bird, Nom, Nom, Nom.

No really I would do whatever it took to have my teeth fixed. I have to go to the dentist every 4 months because I have a gum issue. Insurance covers some but not all. Not being able to eat whatever I wanted would suck. Also not to sound superficial but it is one of the first things I notice on people.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You just need a momma bird, Nom, Nom, Nom.

No really I would do whatever it took to have my teeth fixed. I have to go to the dentist every 4 months because I have a gum issue. Insurance covers some but not all. Not being able to eat whatever I wanted would suck. Also not to sound superficial but it is one of the first things I notice on people.
    JOB OPPORTUNITY: Professional food chewer! Free food, sort of!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    About two or three years ago my dentist told me it was time for the wisdom teeth to come out. I said no. He said they are coming in sideways if i dont take car of it now its going to be bad later. . . Fast forward to this morning. The side of my mouth is all swollen up and painful to the touch.. ive been dreading this day for a long long time. Sorry to jack thread. :(

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    About two or three years ago my dentist told me it was time for the wisdom teeth to come out. I said no. He said they are coming in sideways if i dont take car of it now its going to be bad later. . . Fast forward to this morning. The side of my mouth is all swollen up and painful to the touch.. ive been dreading this day for a long long time. Sorry to jack thread. :(

I don't know about you guys but I'd rather go through USMC basic again rather than go to the dentist. They terrify me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom