• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah that's crypto/cryptocurrencies is just the term for them all as a whole. Like, bitcoin, ethereum, monero, ripple, litecoin, ect.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Have some bit coin. Been doing it a long time. Currently looking like a sell time. Some of mine were very old dark web days. So 22 dollars a bit coin. PayPal stuff. Time frame 2011??? Nice exchange of material for coins.

It seems that the jump in a year as everyone hit the market on it should be a good time to make the exit.

Thinking of take half to three quarters and exchanging to dollars but just today along it is up 87 USD per bit coin. Hard to back out when it is still going up.

budm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Have some bit coin. Been doing it a long time. Currently looking like a sell time. Some of mine were very old dark web days. So 22 dollars a bit coin. PayPal stuff. Time frame 2011??? Nice exchange of material for coins.

It seems that the jump in a year as everyone hit the market on it should be a good time to make the exit.

Thinking of take half to three quarters and exchanging to dollars but just today along it is up 87 USD per bit coin. Hard to back out when it is still going up.

Honestly i'd say hold for a little while longer. especially if your planning to cash out. after august the speculation is we will see a rise again. but yeah got involved back then, then life got in the way, and now been back into it. Got to feel great about that 22 dollar buy ins though. ha

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    $46 Litecoin. Buy one and forget about it for 5 years. Bitcoin at $4040, if you can't buy one, buy a piece. In an older thread I was steadfastly against cryptos... but I started looking seriously into it, after a friend of mine quit his job after scoring on cryptos. I have since changed my opinion, and am a believer.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wow I still don't understand bitcoin after being told about it here. Now theirs more **** for me not to understand. Where can I buy one? How do I store or save it? How do i cash it in?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wow I still don't understand bitcoin after being told about it here. Now theirs more **** for me not to understand. Where can I buy one? How do I store or save it? How do i cash it in?

Don't worry, I can't see Bitcoin outlasting it's competitors, given that even Bitcoin transaction ever made is in a public ledger with a gagillion copies.

Here's how a competitor was started: The Ceremony - Radiolab

Basically, it's a fiat currency without a physical manifestation and without the backing of any government. It's nothing new, this type of thing has been done for hundreds of years before governments got in the game. Except now it's completely computerized.

It's helpful to go back and understand where money came from. There's been some good podcast from the BBC & Tim Hartford, 50 Things That Made the Modern Economy.
    Tally Stick
    Banking
    Paper Money

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Coinbase... is probably the best one for dummies. That's where I have mine. You don't have to take my word on it, because lots of people think its risky, just do your research. It's linked to your account, and you can cash out at anytime.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coinbase

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Coinbase... is probably the best one for dummies. That's where I have mine. You don't have to take my word on it, because lots of people think its risky, just do your research.

How could you not think it's risky? At this point, there's a big portion of speculation involved.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't worry, I can't see Bitcoin outlasting it's competitors, given that even Bitcoin transaction ever made is in a public ledger with a gagillion copies.

Here's how a competitor was started: The Ceremony - Radiolab

Basically, it's a fiat currency without a physical manifestation and without the backing of any government. It's nothing new, this type of thing has been done for hundreds of years before governments got in the game. Except now it's completely computerized.

It's helpful to go back and understand where money came from. There's been some good podcast from the BBC & Tim Hartford, 50 Things That Made the Modern Economy.
    Tally Stick
    Banking
    Paper Money

They're already working around that with wallets.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How could you not think it's risky? At this point, there's a big portion of speculation involved.

Of course, it's a relatively new technology that people don't quite understand fully. It's certainly not something you go "all in" with. It's something that put in what you're willing to lose.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Litecoin surges above $60. Three days ago it was at $50...and in March it was $4....yes four dollars. A $1000 investment this past March would be $15000 today.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Is what I want to know is say I like Litecoin, XRP (Ripple) and Bitcoin Cash....Do I have to start an account with different places? For example, it looks like coinbase just sells Bitcoin, Litecoin and a couple others, where Bitstamp sells XRP and other places offer NAVCoins. This stuff seems confusing but I am seeing some people with HUGE returns on it right now. I need to learn it and learn it quick. I want to buy some XRP, NAV, OMG, LSK, STEEM, etc.

IS there a one stop shop or do I just need multiple accounts. Also, how do taxes work on the profits of these things.....or is the point of crypto money to not be taxed?

Top Bottom