Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Anyone Invested in crypto?

For the past 6 months I've been falling back in love with cryptocurrency, anyone else gotten involved in it?

User Info Menu

Never heard of it. Is that like bitcoin?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User Info Menu

Yeah that's crypto/cryptocurrencies is just the term for them all as a whole. Like, bitcoin, ethereum, monero, ripple, litecoin, ect.

Master

User Info Menu

Have some bit coin. Been doing it a long time. Currently looking like a sell time. Some of mine were very old dark web days. So 22 dollars a bit coin. PayPal stuff. Time frame 2011??? Nice exchange of material for coins.

It seems that the jump in a year as everyone hit the market on it should be a good time to make the exit.

Thinking of take half to three quarters and exchanging to dollars but just today along it is up 87 USD per bit coin. Hard to back out when it is still going up.

Master

User Info Menu

It is below peak but heck who cares.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jmarriott View Post
    Have some bit coin. Been doing it a long time. Currently looking like a sell time. Some of mine were very old dark web days. So 22 dollars a bit coin. PayPal stuff. Time frame 2011??? Nice exchange of material for coins.

It seems that the jump in a year as everyone hit the market on it should be a good time to make the exit.

Thinking of take half to three quarters and exchanging to dollars but just today along it is up 87 USD per bit coin. Hard to back out when it is still going up.
    Honestly i'd say hold for a little while longer. especially if your planning to cash out. after august the speculation is we will see a rise again. but yeah got involved back then, then life got in the way, and now been back into it. Got to feel great about that 22 dollar buy ins though. ha

Master

User Info Menu

Until Kroger takes bitcoin...I'm not interested.

User Info Menu

$46 Litecoin. Buy one and forget about it for 5 years. Bitcoin at $4040, if you can't buy one, buy a piece. In an older thread I was steadfastly against cryptos... but I started looking seriously into it, after a friend of mine quit his job after scoring on cryptos. I have since changed my opinion, and am a believer.
    Last edited by Kutnupe14; 08-21-2017 at 06:50.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Wow I still don't understand bitcoin after being told about it here. Now theirs more **** for me not to understand. Where can I buy one? How do I store or save it? How do i cash it in?
    Wherever I go, there I am

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Wow I still don't understand bitcoin after being told about it here. Now theirs more **** for me not to understand. Where can I buy one? How do I store or save it? How do i cash it in?
    Don't worry, I can't see Bitcoin outlasting it's competitors, given that even Bitcoin transaction ever made is in a public ledger with a gagillion copies.

Here's how a competitor was started: The Ceremony - Radiolab

Basically, it's a fiat currency without a physical manifestation and without the backing of any government. It's nothing new, this type of thing has been done for hundreds of years before governments got in the game. Except now it's completely computerized.

It's helpful to go back and understand where money came from. There's been some good podcast from the BBC & Tim Hartford, 50 Things That Made the Modern Economy.
    Tally Stick
    Banking
    Paper Money
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast