• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Southport police officer shot, hospitalized

...A Southport police officer has been shot multiple times and is being hospitalized.

The officer apparently was responding to a car accident involving a flipped vehicle when shortly before 3 p.m. he was shot multiple times in the area of Madison Avenue and Maynard Drive near Southport...

636367679456900865-DFxDfJuVwAAApmy.jpg

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if the main suspect is dead? First reports are that two bailed out of the car and left one hanging upside down. He was the supposed shooter.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    That is really awful. I read somewhere that Southport officers are all volunteers. He goes to help someone in an accident and is shot to death. I just don't understand how police officers can deal with seeing stuff like this.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    Vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed, hit median overturned several times landing in a front yard on its roof.

Then according to news media, bad guy shoots Lt. Allan while said BG is hanging upside down
    in overturned SUV and hanging from seatbelts?

Sounds like the two just pulled off something and were escaping when wrecked. Allen happened upon it and in trying to help didn't know that they weren't citizens in need, but escaping bad guys.

Rest in Peace Lt. Allan

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    They're all volunteer, except for the chief. I live right around the corner from where this happened. I'm out of town so I don't know any details. I'm waiting to hear about the suspects.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    RIP sir. Prayers sent to family and friends. Absolutely horrible. You just never know. Responding to something that we respond to numerous times a day. Expecting to help a citizen in need and gets shot instead. An absolute shame.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    1 BG in hospital, 1 in jail

Never seen a Cop shooting handled this way before.

IMPD to handle investigation. NO OTHER DETAILS RELEASED!

They have a tighter lid on this than I have ever seen in 30+ years.

There are very few details to release at this point. IMPD is generally pretty good at putting out accurate information, and withholding statements if there isn't confirmed info. Also, Southport and ISP are handling the investigation, with IMPD contributing resources as needed. This isn't being kept under wraps, per se, but rather it is a very complex situation and the details are still unfolding.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There was absolutely no need for this to happen.
    I want blood. Not only should the shooter be executed on national tv, but I want the culture and thinking of this to be executed as well.
    Let's have real deterrents and not let these goons have any street cred what so ever.
    I could give a **** about age, color, religion, nothing. This MUST STOP. This thinking MUST STOP.
    Any prosecutor or judge that lets this slide should be held accountable as well. NO PLEA, just line the POS up against the wall and screw the blindfold.
    Oh yea, according to the Constitution. Hanging was used at one time. I'd like to see that on tv too.

Top Bottom