• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well if the .gov would stop doing these stupid programs people would stop using them to scam others.

.gov is the setup for most of the scams out there. Tens of billions and probably hundred of billions of dollars fraudulently stolen from .gov thanks to welfare fraud, SS fraud, income tax refund fraud, etc. Then you add these scammed programs too. Ugh.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/5/golden-hammer-gao-reports-federal-government-waste/

2014 they estimated $125 billion in fraud and waste federally.

that is the entire federal income tax burden of TEN MILLION PEOPLE. 25% of the money these ten million people made was wasted. That's literally 2.28 MILLION YEARS of lives wasted, toiling to earn money that is wasted by .gov.

So yeah, I get irritated at these directed scams, but they are a drop in the bucket.

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Well if the .gov would stop doing these stupid programs people would stop using them to scam others.

.gov is the setup for most of the scams out there. Tens of billions and probably hundred of billions of dollars fraudulently stolen from .gov thanks to welfare fraud, SS fraud, income tax refund fraud, etc. Then you add these scammed programs too. Ugh.

Well, the programs do help people that start bottom but there will always be scammers to manipulate anything that involves money. And these programs are, well, buys votes.

'Merica has so much money is what it is. I still can not fathom this.

Trillions Go Missing from the Military: Pentagon Can't Account for $6.5T in Taxpayer Cash - Fox Nation

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Well, the programs do help people that start bottom but there will always be scammers to manipulate anything that involves money. And these programs are, well, buys votes.

'Merica has so much money is what it is. I still can not fathom this.

Trillions Go Missing from the Military: Pentagon Can't Account for $6.5T in Taxpayer Cash - Fox Nation

Careful, pal. Decry the trivial cost of what passes for a social safety net in this country and your cause is judged righteous, but question even one thin dime of military appropriations and you will be called an unamerican commie and told to go back to Russia.

Well, maybe not Russia. Not these days.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Careful, pal. Decry the trivial cost of what passes for a social safety net in this country and your cause is judged righteous, but question even one thin dime of military appropriations and you will be called an unamerican commie and told to go back to Russia.

Well, maybe not Russia. Not these days.

Trivial?
    Oh, wait, that Location gives it all away.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

What if we question the Constitutionality of both?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Golden Hammer: GAO reports federal government wasted $125 billion in 2014 alone - Washington Times

2014 they estimated $125 billion in fraud and waste federally.

that is the entire federal income tax burden of TEN MILLION PEOPLE. 25% of the money these ten million people made was wasted. That's literally 2.28 MILLION YEARS of lives wasted, toiling to earn money that is wasted by .gov.

So yeah, I get irritated at these directed scams, but they are a drop in the bucket.

Yep...if the government weren't in the mortgage business in the first place, this scam would have never happened. She might have gotten scammed some other way but it wouldn't have had an apparent stamp of government approval to the victim.

And then, what did this benevolent government do to help this lady out? Nothing. She lost her home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My opinion: if someone scams your parents or grandparents, you should be allowed to do whatever you choose to do to them to 1) make them repay, and 2) ensure that they don't do it again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    She lost her custom-fit home of 30 years.

So... how long was the term of her original mortgage?

Wait, I'm confused:
    “I literally lost everything because of these people, and it’s breaking my heart,” said Barkley, a retired accountant. “I paid for it all myself, didn’t have a man to pay for it for me, and then some stranger gets to destroy it.”
    So, if she paid for it all, then what's with the mortgage?

And an accountant, too!

So, the easy thing is look down and think, how could you be so stupid to fall for this... yeah, I'm having a hard time trying not to do that.

Top Bottom