• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Johnson County, Province Park, National Night Out.

You never know when those hotdog eating middle-aged parents will go out of control. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

20170802dj-national-night-out004.jpg

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I hope that was one of the federal freebies and not too many taxes paid for that. in the military its called a show of force, like showing your toys off before you use them.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I hope that was one of the federal freebies and not too many taxes paid for that. in the military its called a show of force, like showing your toys off before you use them.
    I really hope this was supposed to be purple. You do realize that the "federal freebies" were originally paid for by our tax dollars? So no matter who got it or how, it was originally funded by our tax dollars, and very possibly when the locals decided to militarize the uniformed civilians, more of our tax dollars probably still found their way into these wonders of law enforcement.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I really hope this was supposed to be purple. You do realize that the "federal freebies" were originally paid for by our tax dollars? So no matter who got it or how, it was originally funded by our tax dollars, and very possibly when the locals decided to militarize the uniformed civilians, more of our tax dollars probably still found their way into these wonders of law enforcement.

Those things are also going to guzzle considerably more fuel than your standard SUV, and who do you suppose pays for that?
    What about repairs? Sooner or later they're going to be needed. Simple preventive maintenance will undoubtedly more expensive...

Costs don't stop at the point of sale.
    My dad told me when I was 15 years old, "Anyone can buy a car, not everyone can afford one".
    Truer words were never spoken.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i live in st joe county and i swear they get the mrap out just to drive it and show it off. I really see no useful purpose to own a vehicle designed to deflect the explosion of an ied for rolling through the mean streets of mishawaka and granger.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    i live in st joe county and i swear they get the mrap out just to drive it and show it off. I really see no useful purpose to own a vehicle designed to deflect the explosion of an ied for rolling through the mean streets of mishawaka and granger.

We've got to protect our phoney baloney jobs! I didn't get a harumph out of that guy at the Indiana Sheriffs' Association dinner.

These things are such White Elephants. If you listen to the Morgan County Sheriff we must have them because veterans.

I'll cut them up tomorrow if they let me.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    We've got to protect our phoney baloney jobs! I didn't get a harumph out of that guy at the Indiana Sheriffs' Association dinner.

These things are such White Elephants. If you listen to the Morgan County Sheriff we must have them because veterans.

I'll cut them up tomorrow if they let me.
    I think we have 1 old h1 wagon thats rusting. Too me that is the perfect vehicle for Indiana law enforcement (aside from being a wagon). Made right here in mishawaka, can be bullet proof, easy to find and cheap drive train parts, and can get around much easier than an mrap.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom