• ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    As a youth I had the privilege of seeing Glen Campbell in concert at Market Square Arena when it first opened in 1974, when an anonymous donor purchased a block of tickets and donated them to the service members at Fort Harrison (my dad was stationed there). It was an outstanding show, and I'm glad that I got to see it.

R.I.P. Mr. Campbell

Edited to add: That was the first concert event at the then-brand-new MSA.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    One of my earliest guitar heroes. Most do not realize the extent of his body of work. Inspired me to play Ovation guitars, still have 3 today. One, a Glen Campbell model 12, makes me smile every time it comes out of the case.

He will be missed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm a big Glen Campbell fan. There was a man, a talented, talented man.

If you have not seen "I'll Be Me", the documentary about his alzheimers, see it. I think it's still on Netflix. It's a downer, but really explains what the disease is about just by watching Glen over time. Glen would have trouble remembering people and what he was doing, but he could still play. I'm sure once he was out of the limelight, it got much worse, but it was amazing to see how affected he was, but he could still play.

[video=youtube;rn19PyYeop0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn19PyYeop0[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Glen Campbell was one of the original members of "The Wrecking Crew"....If you have not see the documentary it's on Netflix and you'll realize that nearly every big hit in the 1960's had the Wrecking Crew on the ORIGINAL album....Glen was the guitarist and where he learned his chops...

R.I.P. Glen...You and so many other were the soundtrack of my youth...Plus you got to be married to Tanya Tucker.......

[video=youtube;hhl-3EOYTkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhl-3EOYTkc[/video]

Top Bottom