• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I would have thought when they jacked all the shipping prices it would put them back on track. More people ship stuff than mailing letters and bills. I mail two things a month and ship half dozen things a week.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Apparently, according to the article, they're still trying to recover from the advent of that whole e-mail thing. Crisis response at the speed of bureaucracy, still supporting snail mail as the only way to communicate infrastructure. I'm sure e-mail is just a fad...they only need to hold on a while longer.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I read the title of this thread . . bought 2 rolls of forever stamps.

Now to find out how many years that will last.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The main problem with the post office is that it's ran by the government. If it were to be privatized then I think we would see more competitive prices, and maybe then BBI would send out than 12 items in a year :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The main problem with the post office is that it's ran by the government. If it were to be privatized then I think we would see more competitive prices, and maybe then BBI would send out than 12 items in a year :)

It's honestly not price, it's convenience. If a stamps were free, it wouldn't change the fact I do nearly everything I used to do with physical envelopes via the Internet now.

Take my light bill for example. (Electric bill for non-hillbillies) I used to make out a check, pull off the perforated section of the bill, stuff it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and walk it out to the mailbox. Now I get the email with the amount due, click "pay now" and am done. Seriously if a stamp was free, I wouldn't go back to paying by mail.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    can someone explain to me who still uses the post office more than 6 times a year and why?

When buying old mausers from old guys who insist on Postal Money Orders for payment, I make it one stop shopping by shipping the MO by priority mail (which has built in tracking and is reasonably priced)

Given a choice I would ship FedEx, with the USPS second. The jack-booted delivery thugs of NPS (Nazi Parcel Service; brown shirts, you know) are saved for times of no other rational possibility

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's honestly not price, it's convenience. If a stamps were free, it wouldn't change the fact I do nearly everything I used to do with physical envelopes via the Internet now.

Take my light bill for example. (Electric bill for non-hillbillies) I used to make out a check, pull off the perforated section of the bill, stuff it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and walk it out to the mailbox. Now I get the email with the amount due, click "pay now" and am done. Seriously if a stamp was free, I wouldn't go back to paying by mail.

What about [STRIKE] if[/STRIKE] when the banks have us hooked and begin charging for the service

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    When buying old mausers from old guys who insist on Postal Money Orders for payment, I make it one stop shopping by shipping the MO by priority mail (which has built in tracking and is reasonably priced)

Given a choice I would ship FedEx, with the USPS second. The jack-booted delivery thugs of NPS (Nazi Parcel Service; brown shirts, you know) are saved for times of no other rational possibility

Those old guys are called "Fossils". And they can be a pain to deal with at times.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Can someone explain why we still have Saturday delivery and now Sunday delivery?

I know I can't tell ya. However I can say I more often than not order Amazon Prime purchases on a schedule which results in Sunday delivery to feel like I'm getting my monie$ worth from both Amazon and the Post Office. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom