• indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Rant on.

I hate them. My neighborhood has a "no soliciting" sign at the front. Pretty clear that if you are a solicitor, you are not welcome.

So, d-bag solicitor rings the doorbell tonight. I answer the door OC'ing (because I'm at home), and 2 dogs barking behind me. It's some millennial kid smirking at me. I asked "Did you miss the sign?" He looks around my porch smirking and says "I don't see any signs."

"The one at the front of the neighborhood." I clarify.

"Oh that?" He laughs. "Those don't mean anything".

"Get out" I request.

"What?" He asks.

"Scram" I tell him.

"Have a nice day Sir." - Smirking the whole time... like some sort of hair gel addicted rectum goblin.

Wow, if I'm this grumpy at only 39 years old, I'm going to be a REAL treat at 65.

:fogey::ar15:

Rant off.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I've called the cops on them before.

Honestly, I don't even answer the door, **** 'em. Just because you want to talk to me, doesn't mean I am obligated to talk to you! I sit in full view and even look out the window from time to time...yes, I'm a ****er.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The ticks, predators or banjo people usually take care of that problem around here.:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please tell me no one missed the delicious irony of the kid saying "I don't see signs?" I had a good chuckle.

Kut (thinks of the goose and gander)

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Rant on.

I hate them. My neighborhood has a "no soliciting" sign at the front. Pretty clear that if you are a solicitor, you are not welcome.

Wow, if I'm this grumpy at only 39 years old, I'm going to be a REAL treat at 65.

:fogey::ar15:

Rant off.

Instead of quoting Gran Torino.....

[video=youtube;NJ5_FvvbXjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ5_FvvbXjM[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We get them. They ignore the huge postings on both property's and knock anyway.
    When we converge on them and their eyes go full open I point to the sign right next to where the knuckle rapped the door.....I ask if they can read. I always get the wise butt "Well of course I can"........What does the sign say.............Well I am not Trespassing..............Did i invite you up to my door...............Well no..............then you are Trespassing and you need to leave, now.

Walks down the drive mumbling something I can not hear but would get there butt handed to them if I did.

Scammers and con artists.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I look at it a different way… Usually it is some underpaid person that at least is trying to work. They probably want to be at my door as much as I want them there, and being an ass doesn’t help either of us.

I let them introduce themselves, and nicely tell them I’m not interested. They walk away, my blood pressure doesn’t spike, and I go back to what I’m doing. I’m sure this won’t be a popular approach here, but…

View attachment 58073

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I look at it a different way… Usually it is some underpaid person that at least is trying to work. They probably want to be at my door as much as I want them there, and being an ass doesn’t help either of us.

I let them introduce themselves, and nicely tell them I’m not interested. They walk away, my blood pressure doesn’t spike, and I go back to what I’m doing. I’m sure this won’t be a popular approach here, but…

View attachment 58073

If that works for you good on you.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    If they ignore the clearly posted no soliciting sign, they deserve whatever is coming to them. If I am in a good mood, I might just ignore them. If they ring the doorbell and wake my sleeping child, I am probably going to give them a piece of my mind.

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    Rant on.

So, d-bag solicitor rings the doorbell tonight. I answer the door OC'ing (because I'm at home), and 2 dogs barking behind me. It's some millennial kid smirking at me. I asked "Did you miss the sign?" He looks around my porch smirking and says "I don't see any signs."

"The one at the front of the neighborhood." I clarify.

"Oh that?" He laughs. "Those don't mean anything".

"Get out" I request.

"What?" He asks.

"Scram" I tell him.

"Have a nice day Sir." - Smirking the whole time... like some sort of hair gel addicted rectum goblin.

This is the same crap that happens in my neighborhood, I also have a sign at my front door.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Rarely answer the door unless it is a neighborhood kid I recognize selling crap for school. The solicitors can see the TV through the window and know I am ignoring them.

An older woman I know was rather feisty. She had a couple of Jehovah Witnesses show up. Invited them in, served them drinks and listened to their spiel. They got done and we're ready leave and she told them to sit down. "I listened to what you believe, now it's time for you two young men to hear what I believe." She opened their eyes to something they hadn't heard the two decades they had been on earth.

Top Bottom