• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    On this day in 1984, Soviet and Cuban forces invaded the United States. The previous year's wheat harvest in the Ukraine was woefully inadequate and the Warsaw Pact moved against NATO. Overrunning Western Europe and isolating the UK. The Soviets mounted a two-front invasion through Mexico and Alaska, splitting the United States in two.

Only 600 million Chinamen and bands of patriotic American guerrillas stood between the Russians and world domination.

In towns across America, even high school kids joined the fight. Among these were the courageous Eckert brothers, who led their small band of fighters known as "The Wolverines." They effectively resisted the Soviet and Cuban invasion of America.

#reddawnwasadocumentary
    #wolverines

I stole this from someone, but it was too good not to share.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My son in one of the paratrooper smocks from the movie. That's a bottle of Stolys from the USSR peeking out of that bag.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The remake sucked.They bowed to pressure from the chinese I believe and changed the invading force to korean.

I think the remake sucked too. In the original, they killed the mayor's son because he had betrayed them. In the remake, they just abandon the same character, who was still loyal but had been chipped, and leave him on the side of the road to die. That always bothered me.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    This was supposedly the most violent movie at it's time

Violence or body count? I thought the late 70s/80s was heyday of violent movies? pretty much anything with Arnold, Stallone, etc. all the b-slasher movies. Maybe because it was that it was high schoolers doing the violence.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Never forget.

Never give up...never surrender!

I would be surprised if the body count was higher than The Outlaw Josie Wales which had the most deaths per minute of any movie up to that time (supposedly, would have to think it had a hard time beating shows like The Longest Day)

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Saw it with my soon-to-be wife in 1984. Relationship almost didn't survive. "You thought that was good? I had nightmares for weeks!" Even now she wants nothing to do with it. Should have tipped me off she would be a hard sell on prepping. Now she settles for being mildly amused/annoyed and trying to restrict my storage expenditures.

Top Bottom