• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Has anyone ever filed charges on their own?

I am so ..... I can not see strait

This evening we were run into the median by an 18 wheeler. The truck was less than 1\4 mile from the facility. We proceeded to the facility and stopped at the security desk, as the truck was positively identified. We also called local PD that responded and filed a report. We were asked to leave as the driver was returning. The oic stated the driver was being combative when he was stopped at the gate.

The truck failed to yield and came across two lanes of traffic, forcing us to take evasive action.

Police report has been filed
    Complaint registered at facility
    Business card obtained for loss prevention manager whom we spoke with.
    email sent to corporate

Is there anything else we should be doing?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Has anyone ever filed charges on their own?

I am so ..... I can not see strait

This evening we were run into the median by an 18 wheeler. The truck was less than 1\4 mile from the facility. We proceeded to the facility and stopped at the security desk, as the truck was positively identified. We also called local PD that responded and filed a report. We were asked to leave as the driver was returning. The oic stated the driver was being combative when he was stopped at the gate.

The truck failed to yield and came across two lanes of traffic, forcing us to take evasive action.

Police report has been filed
    Complaint registered at facility
    Business card obtained for loss prevention manager whom we spoke with.
    email sent to corporate

Is there anything else we should be doing?
    George was driving the truck?
    "oic"?
    any damage? Contact your insurance agent.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It sounds reckless but you're lucky it was "wreck less". If you have no damage, you are....... A. Lucky B. Probably unable to do anything about it beyond what you've already done.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It's early, I've only had about half a pot of coffee, so maybe I'm missing something, if there is no damage or injury, why would he need a lawyer, or need to stop posting about it on the internet?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It's early, I've only had about half a pot of coffee, so maybe I'm missing something, if there is no damage or injury, why would he need a lawyer, or need to stop posting about it on the internet?
    Who knows? He gave information that was unneeded, and left out more important info.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As a truck driver, I want to point this out. I am not implying this was the case in the OP, but it happens a lot more that what people think.

Cars try to get around semi trucks all the time. I know. We are slow. Getting 80,000 (or 129,000 in my case) pounds moving takes some time. We can do very little quickly. Case in point. (True story) I move to the left lane to give a LEO on the side of the road space. As I check my mirror to return to the right lane, it's clear. I signal and check the mirror again. I was 2 feet into the right lane when a car behind be decided that he couldn't wait about 8 more seconds for me to clear the left lane, and started to pass me on the right. He was "run off the road" because I wasn't swerving back to the left lane. I stayed right where I was until he had cleared.

At the next stop light, he jumped out and started cussing me out. I don't think the officer behind him liked that. Cop waved me on.

A recent study said something like 78% of the fatal crashes between a car and semi were caused by the car.

I know there are bad drivers behind the wheel in trucks and cars. People are human and make mistakes and/or bad decisions. Driving a truck isn't too hard. Dealing with everything around you, at all times, is tough. Pay attention to what the big trucks are doing. It will help keep you safe.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    As a truck driver, I want to point this out. I am not implying this was the case in the OP, but it happens a lot more that what people think.

Cars try to get around semi trucks all the time. I know. We are slow. Getting 80,000 (or 129,000 in my case) pounds moving takes some time. We can do very little quickly. Case in point. (True story) I move to the left lane to give a LEO on the side of the road space. As I check my mirror to return to the right lane, it's clear. I signal and check the mirror again. I was 2 feet into the right lane when a car behind be decided that he couldn't wait about 8 more seconds for me to clear the left lane, and started to pass me on the right. He was "run off the road" because I wasn't swerving back to the left lane. I stayed right where I was until he had cleared.

At the next stop light, he jumped out and started cussing me out. I don't think the officer behind him liked that. Cop waved me on.

A recent study said something like 78% of the fatal crashes between a car and semi were caused by the car.

I know there are bad drivers behind the wheel in trucks and cars. People are human and make mistakes and/or bad decisions. Driving a truck isn't too hard. Dealing with everything around you, at all times, is tough. Pay attention to what the big trucks are doing. It will help keep you safe.
    My friend is just finishing his driver training and we were talking about just this yesterday. His trainer told him "your turn signal is for indicating your intentions, not asking permission!".
    You're right, people have no patience for trucks.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was run into the median on I 70 buy an RV towing a car. The idiot had headphones on. I had two tires in the grass at 80mph. I could not get his attention after that for anything. Had to drive home pissed and unsatisfied.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    You guys are a lot nicer then me, I don't swerve or endanger myself, if they want to rub then we rub. I won't let someone make contact with me behind the rear axle as I don't enjoy being pitted but other then that you call it...

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    His trainer told him "your turn signal is for indicating your intentions, not asking permission!".
    I think the law would disagree. Thinking like this leads to the OP's post. I typically will give the big guys a break but have also been infuriated when they play the "I'm bigger than you" card because they couldn't wait to pass another truck going slightly slower than they want to.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    My friend is just finishing his driver training and we were talking about just this yesterday. His trainer told him "your turn signal is for indicating your intentions, not asking permission!".
    Following your logic " He clearly demonstrated he was not going to stop for the posted stop sign. Therefore I should not have the expectation he would follow traffic signs. So yeah he clearly signaled hid ls intentions and it was clearly my fault for merely being in his path! Sorry your wrong

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Following your logic " He clearly demonstrated he was not going to stop for the posted stop sign. Therefore I should not have. Had the expectation he would follow traffic signs. So yeah he clearly signaled his intentions and it was clearly my fault for merely being in his path! Sorry your wrong

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Following your logic " He clearly demonstrated he was not going to stop for the posted stop sign. Therefore I should not have the expectation he would follow traffic signs. So yeah he clearly signaled hid ls intentions and it was clearly my fault for merely being in his path! Sorry your wrong
    My logic?
    please show where I said anything as asinine as that^^^^.

oh, and... "your wrong" what? Lol

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I think the law would disagree. Thinking like this leads to the OP's post. I typically will give the big guys a break but have also been infuriated when they play the "I'm bigger than you" card because they couldn't wait to pass another truck going slightly slower than they want to.
    I'm sure the instructor was speaking a little tongue in cheek. The point being, once they've begun their turn or lane change, it's pretty stupid for someone in a four wheeler to NOT give way to the truck.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I was run into the median on I 70 buy an RV towing a car. The idiot had headphones on. I had two tires in the grass at 80mph. I could not get his attention after that for anything. Had to drive home pissed and unsatisfied.

I think we met the same idiot, only I found him on 465.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Sometimes this is what happens to people who get a LITTLE too impatient in traffic and attempt to pass when there isn't room.

THAT sure was a fun afternoon for me.

KRECBcY.jpg

Note - I wasn't the driver of the semi nor the Camry.

Top Bottom