Barcelona: Van plows into crowd...Two confirmed dead...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    IIRC BBI has been to this part of Barcelona...It looks like some of the pics he posted...A pretty popular tourist spot..."Las Ramblas" area????

We stayed here: Avinguda de Gaudí, 87, 08025 Barcelona, Spain if you want to put it in Google map. I think the closest thing we did to where this happened was the Picasso museum. That area, IIRC, was mostly shops and night life attractions.

I'd go back to Barcelona in a heart beat. If I live long enough, I'm going back to see the Sagrada Familia cathedral when it's complete. It remains one of the most awe inspiring things I've ever seen, especially built by the hands of men.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    "hundreds hit"... 13+ dead from unconfirmed reports... 3 dead confirmed... at least one terrorist in standoff in a bar... possible second van.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Let me guess, right wing white christian conservative?

Normally I would chuckle at that.....

But not the week a Kentucky transplant from Ohio ran his car into a crowd of fellow Americans for Hitler....Because we know how much Hitler loved Robert E. Lee.....

I would not be surprised if the attackers are Basque Separatists.......They make wonderful weapons, especially side by side shotguns, but when it comes to terror they can hold their own with the IRA and ISIS....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Normally I would chuckle at that.....

But not the week a Kentucky transplant from Ohio ran his car into a crowd of fellow Americans for Hitler....Because we know how much Hitler loved Robert E. Lee.....

I would not be surprised if the attackers are Basque Separatists.......They make wonderful weapons, especially side by side shotguns, but when it comes to terror they can hold their own with the IRA and ISIS....

...or the self described "3 percenter" who thought he was blowing up a bank in OK. Basques have been quiet lately, but they were the primary source of terrorism in Spain for quite awhile. Regardless, Barcelona's murder rate is lower than Indy's, though, so I'm still not terribly worried about my safety if I get the chance to go again.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    We stayed here: Avinguda de Gaudí, 87, 08025 Barcelona, Spain if you want to put it in Google map. I think the closest thing we did to where this happened was the Picasso museum. That area, IIRC, was mostly shops and night life attractions.

I'd go back to Barcelona in a heart beat. If I live long enough, I'm going back to see the Sagrada Familia cathedral when it's complete. It remains one of the most awe inspiring things I've ever seen, especially built by the hands of men.

Going back when it's complete? LOL

We checked out Las Ramblas during the day and thought it was quaint. We very much enjoyed our entire tour of Spain.

ETA: Prayers to the victims and their families and may the perpetrators burn in hell.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry, indi, the ETA have said they aren't fighting any more. They declared a permanent truce a few years ago that I believe has held up.

Prayers to the victims and their families.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    ****ING TRUMP AGAIN!!! HE'S EVERYWHERE!!!

edit: I hope Obama, Hillary, Chuck "The ****" Schumer, Diane F and their gang condemn this joker. (Trump, not the driver of the van...)

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I didn't post about at the time, but when I went to Europe in May I walked down Las Ramblas and ate dinner at one of the restaurants. Neat place, we plan on going back.

gym57d2.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ****ING TRUMP AGAIN!!! HE'S EVERYWHERE!!!

edit: I hope Obama, Hillary, Chuck "The ****" Schumer, Diane F and their gang condemn this joker. (Trump, not the driver of the van...)

Is pink considered a deeper shade of purple?

Otherwise, I'm well and truly confused.

Top Bottom