Didnt get your eclipse glasses? Cereal box to the rescue!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Bought the very last pair in town I think. There was only one on the display rack and I bought it for a $1. Can't find a second pair for the wife. Will probably cut them in half and we will each watch with one eye.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Kids school couldn't get the glasses soon enough. Just sent them to school today with a box of Rice Krispys and Honey Bunches of Oates. So glad I send them to a school that will let them go outside. Everyone is also supposed to wear a black shirt.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Ha. We had 1400 at work. 400 last week, they went in about a week. On Tuesday afternoon we had 1000. By Thrusday morning we had 0. Still have many folks who stop in or call to try and get some.
    I say "Sorry, we are sold out."
    I think "Your lack of planning is not our emergency."

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Old school welding mask shade 14 and for the camera a welding lens shade 10 with a sheet of Mylar over the top.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ha. We had 1400 at work. 400 last week, they went in about a week. On Tuesday afternoon we had 1000. By Thrusday morning we had 0. Still have many folks who stop in or call to try and get some.
    I say "Sorry, we are sold out."
    I think "Your lack of planning is not our emergency."

I SOOOO want to gloat on facebook. "You REALLY thought you could buy everything T minus 3 days? PFFFF!!!!!"

I've had mine for 6 months. But I still made the viewers to watch most of it. My neck couldnt handle looking up for 5 mins straight.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Unfortunately for my daughter shes going to have to watch on the computer because Hobarts school system sucks and wont let the kids watch. To many parents concerned their kids will stare to long and damage their eyes apparently. Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Teach your kid not to stare at the sun! Build some homemade glasses in art class or at home and have parents sign a waiver or be allowed to have their kids stay inside if they wanna baby them so much! Thinking of letting her stay home so she can actually watch it

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    We bought ours from Amazon a few months ago... got a message from them last week saying to throw them away and they refunded the money. Was able to snag a few pair at the last minute. We'll be traveling down to KY to see the totality.

If I had a kid in a school I'd pull them out and take them with us. Some things are more important than sitting at a desk all day long.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I SOOOO want to gloat on facebook. "You REALLY thought you could buy everything T minus 3 days? PFFFF!!!!!"

I've had mine for 6 months. But I still made the viewers to watch most of it. My neck couldnt handle looking up for 5 mins straight.

I've been planning this since 1994. 2024 will be so much easier.

We bought ours from Amazon a few months ago... got a message from them last week saying to throw them away and they refunded the money. Was able to snag a few pair at the last minute. We'll be traveling down to KY to see the totality.

If I had a kid in a school I'd pull them out and take them with us. Some things are more important than sitting at a desk all day long.

My son's band director won't cooperate, so no trip, though he does plan to get a hall pass around 2:25.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What do you think it would look like at 35,000 feet?

Fly out of Indy to Orlando about 45 mins before the eclipse. Probably be incredibly awesome on the starboard side

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    What do you think it would look like at 35,000 feet?

Fly out of Indy to Orlando about 45 mins before the eclipse. Probably be incredibly awesome on the starboard side
    You won't have to worry about cloud cover - should be fantastic. Show us pics.
    Our oldest daughter if flying into Chicago from Beijing that afternoon. Hope she has a good view.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What about this? I've had this in mind for a day or two, listening to all the hoopla. Now I see it posted in another forum. ???

Eclipse.Selfie.jpg

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I started doing some research and my google search said to use a shade 13 welding helmet. That sounds nuts to me, I normally weld with 10 or 11. I have an auto helmet so I can change settings to see what works. Neighbors will probably think I am nuts, lying on a reclining lounge chair wearing a welding helmet

Top Bottom