• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife her sister and I are leaving to go see the eclipse in Kentucky at 6AM tomorrow. Curious what you guys are seeing as far as traffic volume, gas prices, traffic jams, construction Etc... particularly from Central IN to the line of totality from St Louis to Tennessee.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    From what a buddy of mine in Louisville was telling me you may not even be able to cross the river at 6 a.m. He said the traffic even in that area is off the chart for a weekend. Good Luck!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    We moved up departure time to 4:30 am. Taking the redneck autobahn down. Will gas up tonight.
    Headed to totally near Hopkinsville just to the north west. If we can get close who knows.

Hopefully we we can get in.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Another day at work. One of the co-workers was taking time off to go to the southern end of the state to see the eclipse. All this for a three minute show? :scratch:

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My favorite eclipse-related comment on one story was a lady who said she was going to be afraid to let her dogs out because she didn't want them to get their eyes damaged.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    From what a buddy of mine in Louisville was telling me you may not even be able to cross the river at 6 a.m. He said the traffic even in that area is off the chart for a weekend. Good Luck!

We're heading through Evansville, we're going just outside of Princeton KY.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My favorite eclipse-related comment on one story was a lady who said she was going to be afraid to let her dogs out because she didn't want them to get their eyes damaged.

I can kind of see that. Our dogs will stare at the full moon when we let them out at night. We have a barn cat that sits on top of the wood pile and watches the sunset every single night like clockwork.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Not liking the prospect traffic when the of 10's of 1000's of extra people try crossing back only 4 or 5 bridges across The OhiO River tomorrow night.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Some people will not like the traffic, the extra money spent should help local economies so look at the inconvenience as a small concession to the local business community.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    My wife her sister and I are leaving to go see the eclipse in Kentucky at 6AM tomorrow. Curious what you guys are seeing as far as traffic volume, gas prices, traffic jams, construction Etc... particularly from Central IN to the line of totality from St Louis to Tennessee.

Bubba if you ain't there now you ain't gonna be. Just saying.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Im surprised this eclipse thing is so big. I don't see myself changing anything for it.

That was also my intention, but now I understand CBS will preempt a good deal of Monday's programming to appease the sky gazers and I may be left trying to fill that time slot in the day normally reserved for THE PRICE IS RIGHT with something else; what a quandary.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Just arrived back in Greenwood from some fine dining on the river. 65 South was backed up a solid 15 miles North of the river bridge. On the way down, jumped off to 31 South which was gridlocked as well. Several miles North of the bridge, its two lanes for miles with no berm for for disabled vehicles. Good luck for those heading South!

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    For the OP: bring extra gas, snacks, and be prepared to sit in traffic. And sit. And sit. And have to take a plan B. And plan C.

You know your GHB? Might have to use it, but it's a long walk north.

Top Bottom