• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    So I have begun listening to podcasts at work. I have my own office, so I figured I would get a Bluetooth Speaker to just put on my desk and then I can just hit play and pause without having to deal with my earbuds. So I appeal to the great crowd of INGO, what is the best bluetooth speaker that doesn't break the bank.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've tried a few, from cheap to an expensive Monster branded unit in a 15" enclosure.

Honestly I'm happy with the $29 no name branded unit I picked up at Target that sits on my workbench at the fencing club. Loud enough, clear enough, tonal quality is good enough to enjoy everything from Eric Clapton to Amy Winehouse to the Dropkick Murphys. I wanted a cheap unit for the fencing club because I didn't want to worry about it if it was stolen, damaged, etc. But I'm actually very happy with it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife has a JBL Flip. Can't remember the "number " (Flip 2, 3, or 4). LOVES IT. Great sound, long battery life, and decent range (she can get 30+ feet from her cell phone).

She uses it mostly for podcasts while gardening or working around the house.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    break the bank is a matter of opinion...
    I've got a altec something or other water proof one you can toss in the pool that I picked up on clearance for $30. Fine for what it is. Pod casts? sure.
    Music? no. not for me. lol
    I have a Samsung R1 $100+ range. Good sound for the money.
    I'll take Harman Kardon over Bose any day if you want to pony up for some good sound.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If you're just listening to podcasts (rather than music), then pretty much anything will work.

Anker is a good value brand.

Top Bottom