• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm heading up to Ft. Wayne to take the family to the zoo soon. Any good restaurants/attractions to check out while we're up there?

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    The Hoppy Gnome is always one of my favorites. The main option is tacos, but the other entire options are really good too.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Blue Stack Smokehouse - Home

Discovered this little gem when I was going to school for my associate's in nursing. LOVE the place. You have to go early though, they have a limited supply on the menu and when an item is gone for the day, it's gone. We REALLY enjoy the jalapeno poppers.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Casa is good for Italian
    Banditos is great mexican-american food
    I've heard Shigs 'n' Pit is good for BBQ and brews
    Red River Steakhouse used to be great higher-end food, (brisket and fine steaks) but I haven't been there since the fire so I don't know if it's the same.
    Just a bit south of Ft Wayne is Back-40 Junction (owned by the same owner as Red River Steakhouse), which is a highly touted buffet, but a little on the pricey side for a full family.
    If you're a tenderloin connoisseur then a visit to Nick's Kitchen in Huntington may be in order; Nick's is touted as having one of the best in the nation... but I've never been there

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    +1 for Coney Island! The bonus is you can take the kids to Yummy Bunny when you get done. It's on the same block and has the best ice cream sandwich ever (think 2 scoops on a donut). It's a little hipsterish but don't let that scare you. If your family is a little adventurous food wise go to Mahnin on Calhoun. The best Thai and Burmese food in the fort. The neighborhood down there is a little rough but the people are really friendly.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Lucille's BBQ on Lima Rd (HWY 3) is awesome but better to go at lunch for more selection, when they run out of what they have cooked that's it no more until tomorrow. Little pricey but worth it!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hmmmm, I have never heard of the Zoo here in town described as rough. We are Zoo members and frequent the Zoo quite often. Many sections of the Zoo has been completely redone over the last five years or so. From the information we get it is usually regarded as one of the top Zoos in the country. My wifes family is from Fishers and they come up here a couple times a year to visit the Zoo, you will not be disappointed.

As far as local joints to try Casa Itialian- except for their Parnell location. Shigs-N-Pit BBQ, Coney Island downtown is fantastic. Oleys Pizza on West Jeffereson/Hwy 24 (this location only) is the best pizza between Chicago and NYC. Their double crust is second to none.

Top Bottom