• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Like all of you I remember that day.I was still in highschool.
    I remember watching the news with horor that day, and how the next day we all gathered to talk about the attacks with our teachers.
    Like many of you know I'm not American, that was in France and none of us where American, but we were all shocked just like if a plane hit the Eiffel Tower.
    We all observed a minute of silence and we all felt American.
    I know Americans probably felt even more American and had a deep feeling of unity that day, and the following days.
    Today that feeling I had is still there, 16 years later, even stronger.
    Those barbarians wanted to take America to its knees but all they did was to create a wave of American patriotism that as yet to stop.

Let's not forget. :patriot:

911-must.jpg

In-Remembrance-September-11-2001-Patriot-Day.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    9/11 gave me and millions of others a purpose. Some of us are still fighting in that war even though we've been home. Some of us went back as civilians mostly because we had unfinished business. I will NEVER forget that day and a couple of the people I knew who died and the others thousands i didn't know. Some of their family members and friends I would come to know. But I don't know a single American that wasn't affected by 9/11 and the beast it woke up. Till Valhalla.

woodstock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    Sullivan
    I was about 5 years old when 9/11 happened, I watched it happen on the news at my grandparents house. I remember watching the second tower being hit and telling my grandma that the second tower got hit while she was in the bathroom and I vividly remember the look of disbelief on her face when I told her. The next few days at preschool me and all the boys were playing cops and firefighters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is a date that I will never forget. I remember the entire day. Almost down to the conversations I had. It is forever burned into my memory.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It's a date which will never be forgotten, almost like the modern Pearl Harbor. I was the service manager at a Yamaha shop and I will never forget the amount of people lining up to get gas at the gas station across the street. Was just a few minutes later the owner came out and told us, that day caused so much fury! Thankful to the men and women who took that fury to their front door, and never stop praying for those who made it back or not. God bless America

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was an active duty Air Force MSgt that day. TDY at Langley AFB, Virginia with my boss and my bosses boss... more to follow.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was working deskside support for an insurance company in MN when the news came in. Someone setup a laptop in the conference room to stream the news and we were in and out of that room the entire day. Our government and some of our fellow citizens may have forgotten about this, but I know myself and many people here have not forgotten and never will.

Sylvain, I love that avatar. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it for the day. If you do, please PM me.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I was in the 3rd grade. Don't remember much about the school day or anything that happened. But I remember coming home and watching the news with my family and just in disgust over what had happened.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was driving and it broke across the waves. It is burnt into memory. I thought, "Not my America!"

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    First thought that came to mind was that war had now entered my children's worlds.
    It was bad enough that it had to influence my life and thinking forever but I have two sons that had to do the same things.
    I'm proud of my sons for what they have done and are doing but I also have to look into their eyes. It's not what I would have chosen for them.
    God Bless us all and pray that we may finally find peace.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    That morning I was on my way into Houston. When I got to the company being visited they were gathered around watching replays. One guy asked me what I thought and I said, "Welcome to WW3".

I remember writing reports that night listening to the radio. Heard a TAMU engineer working in NYC being interviewed. He said that the collapses were text book demolition jobs.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was working deskside support for an insurance company in MN when the news came in. Someone setup a laptop in the conference room to stream the news and we were in and out of that room the entire day. Our government and some of our fellow citizens may have forgotten about this, but I know myself and many people here have not forgotten and never will.

Sylvain, I love that avatar. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it for the day. If you do, please PM me.

Please feel free.It's not mine, I borrowed it from the internet. :)

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    18 days after 9/11 I attended the Farm Aid concert at Deer Creek. It was the most patriotic event I've ever been to, I was never more proud to be an American that day. One memorable moment was Martina McBride singing "Independence Day"

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was working for United Airlines at the time, I was on afternoon shift and had just gotten out of bed and pulled up the internet for a quick news update and they were announcing that the first tower had been struck. I turned on the tube just in time to see the second tower struck. I thought it highly unlikely that any modern airliner in those conditions would have accidentally hit either tower but when the second one struck it was obvious that it was intentional. By the time I got to work that afternoon we had EVERYBODY'S planes parked EVERYWHERE and the skies were slowly clearing of vapor trails.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This is a date that I will never forget. I remember the entire day. Almost down to the conversations I had. It is forever burned into my memory.

Same here. As well as the next week or so as it all played out in the media. I will never forget the event. Or forget the people who perished. And those that served in our military taking down the evil that did this. As well as the people who volunteered countless hours doing everything that could be done for those affected by this evil tragedy.

My prayers go out to everyone and all that were affected,

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    In the weeks that followed, I was personally most struck by the details of the victims from the two towers. The NY Times ran obits for them all and I was deeply affected by the similarity in age and, therefore, place in life that a large number of the victims and I shared. I was in my early 30s then and had many friends from college who had gone to work in larger cities and had myself in fact passed on some similar opportunities. It was a true "there but for the grace of God" moment.

Sylvain, oddly enough I had friends who were apartment hunting in Paris that day. They arrived at an appointment and the landlady met them in tears, ushered them into her apartment and they watched things unfold in horror.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. As well as the next week or so as it all played out in the media. I will never forget the event. Or forget the people who perished. And those that served in our military taking down the evil that did this. As well as the people who volunteered countless hours doing everything that could be done for those affected by this evil tragedy.

My prayers go out to everyone and all that were affected,

Lest we not forget the 1st responder's that perished attempting to save as many lives as possible.

Top Bottom