• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.guidingtech.com/72685/apple-iphone-x-launch-specs/

...Following the[FONT=&amp] launch of Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, [/FONT]Apple has launched its highly anticipated tenth-anniversary flagship, the iPhone X, starting at $999 (64GB) at the Apple keynote event in Cupertino and, needless to say, it’s a looker.
    IMG_20170912_234853.jpg

Corroborating with earlier leaks and rumors, Apple has unveiled its flagship iPhone for the year with an almost bezel-less design that only gives way to an earpiece and several sensors at the top of the device on the front panel that assist with the Face ID recognition...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'll stick with my Android phones for less than $200 and do everything an I phone does with a no contract package thru boost or virgin for $35 a month. No way in h e double l would i ever dream of dropping that much money on a phone, especially when there's guns, ammo, and accessories to be had

wildcatdd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Noblesville
    Surprised there's no fingerprint sensor. The FaceID stuff looks slow. I've been reading that there are predictions FaceID will cause even more car accidents.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll use my 6s until it takes a dump and decide then. It's easy to balk at a price tag like that but if I stop and really consider the role my phone plays in my daily life it really isn't much. I pay a hell of a lot more money for a truck that doesn't see 10% of the use my phone does, I pay double the price of the phone for a hunting lease I use less than a month out of the year and I've paid 20x the price of that phone for insurance over the past decade which has rarely been used.

I had an Android before I went to an iPhone and I thought it was the bees knees. Then I bought an iPad, then an iPhone, then a Macbook and for someone who uses all three there is absolutely no comparison to Android/PC (for my purposes). Not even close.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I know people that I work with who will line up to buy that phone and everything that goes with it as a fashion statement.

Myself, the old flip phone still works for me.:)

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I'll use my 6s until it takes a dump and decide then. It's easy to balk at a price tag like that but if I stop and really consider the role my phone plays in my daily life it really isn't much. I pay a hell of a lot more money for a truck that doesn't see 10% of the use my phone does, I pay double the price of the phone for a hunting lease I use less than a month out of the year and I've paid 20x the price of that phone for insurance over the past decade which has rarely been used.

I had an Android before I went to an iPhone and I thought it was the bees knees. Then I bought an iPad, then an iPhone, then a Macbook and for someone who uses all three there is absolutely no comparison to Android/PC (for my purposes). Not even close.

How many acres are in that $2000 hunting lease?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll use my 6s until it takes a dump and decide then. ...

I'll use my 5s until it takes a dump and then decide then ... but likely not. I usually an at least 2 generations behind the latest, greatest, tech. I don't really see that much utility in any of these devices.

Not that I'm a luddite, no way I'm going to fall back to a flip-phone. I do like the utility of a pocket computer and find it useful, just not useful enough to drop a grand on one.

... I had an Android before I went to an iPhone and I thought it was the bees knees. Then I bought an iPad, then an iPhone, then a Macbook and for someone who uses all three there is absolutely no comparison to Android/PC (for my purposes). Not even close.
    Similar experiences. I also used to teach people how to use Windows computers and then bought myself a Macintosh desktop (pre-laptop days). WOW what a difference. I use both types today. I only own Apple now. Not even close. People say they are. Those people are wrong.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The employer makes me carry a cell phone. Personally I just have a land line. No one needs to reach me that bad that they can't wait for me to be home.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    After my last customer service experience with apple I will never buy another Apple product again.

Goes something like this

Picked phone up at the store, while setting it up a black line came across the screen. They said it happens and if it doesn't go away they'll exchange it before we leave (first mistake on my part)

Before we leave the store it goes in an otterbox. Next day It comes back.

Take it back to the store they won't replace it and say I have to send it into Apple (AT&T store)

I call Apple, they wanted $299 to fix it. They were going to send me a loaner phone for $799 that I would get back when they get the loaner back.

I call AT&T and tell them I'll be switching carriers immediately because of this misinformation I was given when picking up the phone and it was now going to cost me $299 to fix it.

They put me on hold and Apple magically is going to fix it for free.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    After my last customer service experience with apple I will never buy another Apple product again.

Goes something like this

Picked phone up at the store, while setting it up a black line came across the screen. They said it happens and if it doesn't go away they'll exchange it before we leave (first mistake on my part)

Before we leave the store it goes in an otterbox. Next day It comes back.

Take it back to the store they won't replace it and say I have to send it into Apple (AT&T store)

I call Apple, they wanted $299 to fix it. They were going to send me a loaner phone for $799 that I would get back when they get the loaner back.

I call AT&T and tell them I'll be switching carriers immediately because of this misinformation I was given when picking up the phone and it was now going to cost me $299 to fix it.

They put me on hold and Apple magically is going to fix it for free.

They want to get people addicted to their "crack" so they'll put up with this kind of crap. Wouldn't it be great if we could come up with a way to make people smile as they paid us many hundred dollars to stick something up their backside?

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I have a IPhone 4s!!!! I need a new one bad, they do not even support my OS anymore. Half the web pages do not work while browsing anymore, they just crash it. If the 7plus goes cheaper I may upgrade but $1000 dollars for a phone is crazy!!!! My plan was grandfathered in and I only pay $125 a moth for two phones for unlimited data. Though they meter after 2 gigs. So now you know why my hardware is very dated.

Top Bottom