• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Just going to leave this little nugget of self righteousness right here.

X0Xtfu2.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I suppose if you're in the news business you do what gets people's attention.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Medical emergencies happen, it's a reality that needs to be accepted if you are put in the circumstances that Florida residents were in during the storm. Wether you chose to leave, or ride it out, the worst case scenario should have been considered. I cannot, and will never, be able to wrap my head around the thought of not taking one single ounce of effort to prepare for emergencies that are pretty much inevitable, no matter where you live. I saw people interviewed during this event that obviously hadn't done a damn thing to prepare for the inevitable. I can't work up much sympathy for those who won't help themselves.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Storm reporters report only a few yards from a secure shelter. The camera person is under shelter. This guy is making them out to be some kind of news hero. The really entertaining thing is that by the time the bad stuff is pelting the reporter, most of the affected area is unable to watch the broadcast.... I don't see how sending a team of 3 or more people in a giant windsail of a vehicle makes sense to anyone, especially when people had been warned for days and suitable shelters are all around them. The first responders could easily be the next group in need of other first responders... This self righteous reporter syndrome runs rampant in the local "media"

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They place themselves in "danger" for ratings. Other people place themselves in danger to save lives. Once the storm track is determined is there any real need to view live carnage as peoples homes and properties are destroyed, beyond morbid curiosity I mean.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They place themselves in "danger" for ratings. Other people place themselves in danger to save lives. Once the storm track is determined is there any real need to view live carnage as peoples homes and properties are destroyed, beyond morbid curiosity I mean.

They are providing Gawker's block. You know, how people have to gawk at an accident on the highway. The wreck is on the other side of the road and it takes 20 minutes to move 1/4 of a mile to get by it. People are mesmerized by death/destruction. Give the people what they want.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Like all journalists any story they report on is really about them. Life happens around them for their convenience and profit. It's why BLM and Antifa get great coverage, it's the show and it's their right to show it dammit...and you're duty to pay them for it.

Hemingway and Pyle were very different reporters, the former reporting from the bar 200 miles behind the front the latter reporting from the trenches, but in the end their stories and pictures were really about them and getting paid.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I work emergency services in Florida, there are still trees and powerlines down across roads everywhere.

This idiot expects us to all go kill ourselves to attempt to get to someone?

Having just lived through this hurricane I can tell you it was like being in a tornado that doesn't stop for 12hrs.

Emergency services wasn't suspended very long in my area, actually should have been suspended much sooner and lasted much longer as it was no where near safe when we were out.

No sleep for 3 days, no food, no cold water, no shower. Living the dream so *******s like him can sit at their computer and *****.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I work emergency services in Florida, there are still trees and powerlines down across roads everywhere.

This idiot expects us to all go kill ourselves to attempt to get to someone?

Having just lived through this hurricane I can tell you it was like being in a tornado that doesn't stop for 12hrs.

Emergency services wasn't suspended very long in my area, actually should have been suspended much sooner and lasted much longer as it was no where near safe when we were out.

No sleep for 3 days, no food, no cold water, no shower. Living the dream so *******s like him can sit at their computer and *****.

OH THAT DID IT!!!! Now all of the shelters are going to start filling with "journalists" needing safe spaces and kittens!:xmad:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I hear Key West is a no fly zone and there are a lot of bodies, guessing the media not happy about not having access as pictures of dead bodies gets ratings...

The liberal media is a sick twisted disgusting beast.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I just checked the FAA SUA site that has restricted / no-fly areas listed. There is a 10NM circle in the Ft. Myers/Naples area off limits right now for VIP movement.

https://sua.faa.gov/sua/tfrDetails.app?notamid=7/2735

Nothing over the keys.

That's encouraging I think. Have not seen or read news all week, would like to see what this looks like from other parts of the world.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hear Key West is a no fly zone and there are a lot of bodies, guessing the media not happy about not having access as pictures of dead bodies gets ratings...

The liberal media is a sick twisted disgusting beast.

There is a LOT of misinformation about activities in the keys. I have an old friend who lives there. She has been sharing the emergency management press releases down there to get facts out to counter the rumors.

First rumor was SAR was kicking in doors to search structures. Nope. They arent. However looters ARE kicking in doors. :xmad: Her door was kicked in, and she is still stuck in Kissimmee and cant get down there yet to secure her stuff. Still no power or utilities on her key.

I didnt see any bodies when I poked around on here. Not saying there are or arent any, just that I didnt see any. The devastation is heartbreaking.

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/irma/index.html (the dark sections of the map are where the images are)

comparing the stuff I knew from Big Pine Key in my teenage years, I had to stop looking. It was incredibly depressing to see the detailed carnage.

And I say screw you if you stick around during a mandatory evac. You were told to leave. You were told you wouldnt get help. I dont blame first responders in that specific circumstance.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    People are mesmerized by death/destruction. Give the people what they want.

I LOVE IT when CM talks about his gladiator days in Rome!!!!

I used to look at him and say, "What in the name of Hades are you doing this for...It's just wrong.." and he would always reply, "Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt..."

I told him that was a very Juvenal thing to say.....:joke:

Top Bottom