Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1185

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    I feel bad for you guys, I cannot stand Skype. We use Webex, which I find to work a LOT better.
    I wish we would pick one collaboration platform and stick with it. We bounce around between Skype, Collab, Teams, and Slack, depending on which part of the company you are working with. I literally have 3 IM apps running at all times. Sigh...

Looks like my options are:

1) try the eMeet thing, and see if it works. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SK6SCKC

2) spend more on the Logitech version. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Conf.../dp/B0083I7Y8W

3) suck it up, and get separate webcams and speakerphones.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

KLB

User Info Menu

I'd go separate, or just ignore the camera
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

These are in our small conference rooms and seem to do well.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Jabra-Speak...9023644&sr=8-5

I believe they also have a bluetooth version if you need it to connect to a phone but wired is far superior for use with a computer.

Hop

User Info Menu

Teams sucks! At least Skype integrated into Outlook so you could search emails &/or IMs for conversations. Now I have to search both apps. Outlook is horrible at indexing/searching. Teams is as bad or worse.

Whatever bean counting executive @ my company forced us off of Lotus Notes & onto O365/Teams needs beat with a stick!

Those little round Jabra speakers are nice. We have a few here at work.

Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

User Info Menu

Skype is on the way out. Microsoft replacing it with Teams. Forcing Teams down your throats.

Does have some clunky Webex integration.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    I feel bad for you guys, I cannot stand Skype. We use Webex, which I find to work a LOT better.

I have an older version of this speaker which works well with my Cell Phone as a speaker phone.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Harman-Kard...s%2C163&sr=8-3

It was OK for music, and I imagine the newer ones are better.

I use an actual Cisco IP phone at home. We use Cisco VOIP at my company, so it is really easy.
    Skype works well enough for what we use it for. I do know that when we used to use it at home to talk to DoggyMama's parents (video chat) when they were in Florida it wasn't very good, but I don't know how much of that was our internet and how much was Skype.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Skype is on the way out. Microsoft replacing it with Teams. Forcing Teams down your throats.

Does have some clunky Webex integration.
    I work for the government... which means we won't get the latest technology until it's 5 or 6 years old.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    'nuther random question for my fellow nerds.

Conferencing for home office. What do you all use? Recommend?

I have a great headset from Jabra, but it is annoying to wear all day. I have been looking at USB or Bluetooth "speakerphones", and found both a Sennheiser and a Jabra that look good. I tried using my Echo Dot, and well, it sucks. Have to "dial in" using voice, and then audio quality is terrible.

I have also been kicking around something for video conferencing (webcam). The folks I tend to work with are starting to use video to feel more "connected". Guess I need to shave....

Wish I could find an all-in-one solution that was reasonable quality AND cost effective. Clear video, good noise cancelling mics, and full/rich audio (good enough for music). Amazon has an eMeet branded device, but not only have I never heard of them, they don't seem to even have a website. Everything else seems to either be a webcam/mic only, OR is a pretty expensive conference room solution.

So, whatcha got?
    The Jabra speaker is quite good. The equipment at work doesn’t work all that well (Microsoft) so we’ve been using Jabra’s in-office for meetings with remote employees. When I’m remote I have a pair of wireless Sony noise canceling headphones that are very nice. They’re lightweight and quite comfy. I can wear them for hours. And they integrate well with “phone” and meetings. I can answer phone calls or attend remote meetings. I prefer the headphones at home because it is sometimes difficult to hear everyone remote.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu