Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Ah true... never really thought about settings something like that up. Or even having contact info in my wallet. I guess no one expects something like that to happen.
    I guess that's something I've always dealt with.
    US Navy had emergency contact information. Seemed it was updated every change of Duty Station. Had to wear a dog tag, so everyone knew who the body used to be, with the blood type in case I wasn't quite dead.

Steel mill. Mostly the same without the dogtag. I have emergency contacts filed with the corporation, and with the area I work in.

Paper in my wallet in case it's a car accident.
    Spent a lot of time traveling around, where there was no family in the area to know if I was missing.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play.

User Info Menu

Marques Brownlee reviews thw Google Pixel Slate tablet... and explains why it's so disappointing.

User Info Menu

The 8-Bit Guy looks at the Tandy 1000

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

CES 2019 is next week and I cannot wait for AMD to announce the 3700x and 3800x CPUs!

User Info Menu

MasterCard is dropping its name from its brand.

Convenient, this happening after the recent news that they're using influence to ban people of certain political views from platforms, this would make naming them as the culprit harder.

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/pres...prclt=5DjaxXxl

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I don't like apps that I can't delete.
    I don't use, or have, the FB app.
    But, I have the uber app. I don't use it. I don't want it.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

We need to get a smart developer to develop an android app that will remove these permanent apps. I'd pay $5 for that app and I'm sure a lot of others would.

Facebook, Uber, Samsung Health and other Samsung apps could all go. No more worries about clutter, memory drain, apps working in the background, playstore updating, etc.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

This has been an issue since the dawn of smart phones. It's only now an issue as facebook has fallen out of favor with the masses. If you can gain root access on the device you can remove the apps but that has been getting more difficult and arduous. Also usually comes with some kind of penalty wherin the device claims it's not secure even though it is technically more secure without facebook and other apps you don't want/use.

PCs also suffer from this but you have the power to remove the apps. For some reason phone vendors believe they have the right to tell you what third party apps you must have on your device.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast