Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    We need to get a smart developer to develop an android app that will remove these permanent apps. I'd pay $5 for that app and I'm sure a lot of others would.

Facebook, Uber, Samsung Health and other Samsung apps could all go. No more worries about clutter, memory drain, apps working in the background, playstore updating, etc.
    Sorry. Don't have that solution for you, but I at least have two other possibilities.

• Go into the settings and either disable or set them to not start automatically. Sorry, can't give a more specific procedure as it varies by Android version. Be sure to do a full backup first as it is very possible to toggle an important setting and disable some functionality that you need.
    • ** Warning! Danger Will Robinson! ** If you are a techie, consider installing an alternate OS such as LineageOS. Very good Android clone that offers much better privacy options and doesn't come with spyware/bloatware. Again, be sure you have a full backup first.
    Last edited by Phase2; 1 Week Ago at 12:51.
    If I had to choose between bacon and coffee, I would slap the person making me choose.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    We need to get a smart developer to develop an android app that will remove these permanent apps. I'd pay $5 for that app and I'm sure a lot of others would.

Facebook, Uber, Samsung Health and other Samsung apps could all go. No more worries about clutter, memory drain, apps working in the background, playstore updating, etc.
    Unfortunately this isn't possible without root (admin) access. They're installed as part of the system and are untouchable by normal means. Once you do have root access, removing them is trivial. The powers that be have done a good job convincing people that root is a bad thing and only cheaters do it. There is now a whole slew of apps that refuse to run if they can detect a rooted device. It has created a cat and mouse game of detection and hiding.

KLB

User Info Menu

The Google Pixels don't come with any Manufacturer or Carrier imposed software on them.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    The Google Pixels don't come with any Manufacturer or Carrier imposed software on them.
    for now
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

But they do come with Google software.

Google is as evil, if not more, than Facebook.
    We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play.

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post

All Androids come with that. Plus you can uninstall anything not necessary to run the OS.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

Expert

User Info Menu

The 8-Bit Guy looks at the Tandy 1000

Our first computer: Fall, 1985. Runnin with the big dogs! Believe it had 64k ram.

User Info Menu

"All your base OS are belong to us"
    Deflectacon ( by T.Lex's lights)

User Info Menu

We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play.

User Info Menu

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast