• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I want to sincerely apologize for the sheer stupidity of those who live near me. Y'all are saints for dealing with them.

A "neighbor" from the area on Nextdoor was b***ing up a storm about your lousy NON EMERGENCY response times. How DARE you take 3 hours in the wee hours when you are busiest/thinnest to come take a hit and run PD report in front of her house. (that could have waited until first shift)

THEN she complains that at 7:45 PM , she found "a bullet on her driveway." (her words, no other details) Heaven forbid it took y'all 90 minutes to get there. :facepalm:

And I wont even get into the idiots there going all hyper about an older lady in a BMW taking pictures of houses from the street, and how they were calling the cops for her suspicious behavior. One guy even went off on how he was ready to assault her for taking pics of his kids in his back yard because they were in their swimsuits. (presumably she was shooting his house and they happened to be in view)

He REALLY didnt appreciate it when I researched it and shared my results (I have kids too, so I wanted to know) that she is perfectly legal as they described her actions. If you can be seen from the street in your yard, its legal to take your picture, regardless of the "victim"s age. (now what you do with the pics later could be illegal, but I digress)

I was then threatened in a PM that since I didnt see a problem, he should come over to my house and take pics of my kids as they play outside in the yard. I responded "just make sure you tell me when so I can make sure I have on a clean shirt and my hair is combed." He didnt appreciate that much. :): Haven suggested afterward when I told him that I should have requested "two 8x10s and some wallets while he was at it" :):

Man, people get worked up over the smallest crap. I'm sorry you have to deal with them and their ignorance.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I want to sincerely apologize for the sheer stupidity of those who live near me. Y'all are saints for dealing with them.

A "neighbor" from the area on Nextdoor was b***ing up a storm about your lousy NON EMERGENCY response times. How DARE you take 3 hours in the wee hours when you are busiest/thinnest to come take a hit and run PD report in front of her house. (that could have waited until first shift)

THEN she complains that at 7:45 PM , she found "a bullet on her driveway." (her words, no other details) Heaven forbid it took y'all 90 minutes to get there. :facepalm:

And I wont even get into the idiots there going all hyper about an older lady in a BMW taking pictures of houses from the street, and how they were calling the cops for her suspicious behavior. One guy even went off on how he was ready to assault her for taking pics of his kids in his back yard because they were in their swimsuits. (presumably she was shooting his house and they happened to be in view)

He REALLY didnt appreciate it when I researched it and shared my results (I have kids too, so I wanted to know) that she is perfectly legal as they described her actions. If you can be seen from the street in your yard, its legal to take your picture, regardless of the "victim"s age. (now what you do with the pics later could be illegal, but I digress)

I was then threatened in a PM that since I didnt see a problem, he should come over to my house and take pics of my kids as they play outside in the yard. I responded "just make sure you tell me when so I can make sure I have on a clean shirt and my hair is combed." He didnt appreciate that much. :): Haven suggested afterward when I told him that I should have requested "two 8x10s and some wallets while he was at it" :):

Man, people get worked up over the smallest crap. I'm sorry you have to deal with them and their ignorance.

sounds like the fine people of Irvington. THEY deserve to have crime prevented, be there before the bad guy gets there and stop him.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

If he takes pictures of their shoes and it gets online, that'll do it.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Lady in BMW is most likely a realtor. I work part time for a real estate agency and take pictures from the street all the time for home inspections. Is the house empty?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lady in BMW is most likely a realtor. I work part time for a real estate agency and take pictures from the street all the time for home inspections. Is the house empty?

Supposedly she was taking pics of MANY houses on the street, including this guy's whos wasnt on the market. His logic was she was there several times over several weeks, and nobody would be paying her enough to make multiple trips so she had to be doing something nefarious.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You can tell those complaining about the lengthy wait times for late shift officers to respond that MSW late shift is one of the shortest-staffed shifts in the city. The minimum staffing is 14 officers I believe and if they go below that number the district Commander has forbid paying overtime to make up for the shortage. With an area of 80-ish square miles, its going to take a bit for an officer to get to a low-priority run.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Probably someone with code enforcement. A few years ago I had a guy sitting across the street snapping pictures of my and my neighbors yard and house. I got curious and ran over to ask what was up. He said was with the city code enforcement. I pointed him across the road and up the street. I am in the county. He was like geeze... oops. And went up the road.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You can tell those complaining about the lengthy wait times for late shift officers to respond that MSW late shift is one of the shortest-staffed shifts in the city. The minimum staffing is 14 officers I believe and if they go below that number the district Commander has forbid paying overtime to make up for the shortage. With an area of 80-ish square miles, its going to take a bit for an officer to get to a low-priority run.

You did get a pat on the back from another neighbor. She was impressed it took you guys only 7 minutes to respond to a possible burglary in progress during the same shift. (not sure if it was the same day)

So your efforts ARE appreciated by some.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Probably someone with code enforcement. A few years ago I had a guy sitting across the street snapping pictures of my and my neighbors yard and house. I got curious and ran over to ask what was up. He said was with the city code enforcement. I pointed him across the road and up the street. I am in the county. He was like geeze... oops. And went up the road.

Or it could be a real estate appraiser taking pictures of comparable sales for the house she is appraising.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You did get a pat on the back from another neighbor. She was impressed it took you guys only 7 minutes to respond to a possible burglary in progress during the same shift. (not sure if it was the same day)

So your efforts ARE appreciated by some.

Yeah, it takes a bit to get to your area. I have made several 100 mph runs down Kentucky Ave to get to Heartland Crossing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've made low priority calls to various agencies over the years, I typically tell them unless it's absolutely necessary I don't need a physical presence I just wanted a record in case it's needed in the future. It served my purpose and LEO was o.k. with it so all was well. I guess my grip on reality may be a "little" tighter than some of your neighbors though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Bingo.

I had a realtor doing this one recent Saturday at stately Freeman Manor. She said she wanted photos of my wall (my retaining wall disaster is now a local legend in Lafayette).

Likely just an excuse to meet me but I pretended to be surprised and even offered to let her shoot photos of the out buildings and from the front porch on the hill.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And I wont even get into the idiots there going all hyper about an older lady in a BMW taking pictures of houses from the street...

Well the rules work both ways. Should have told your neighbor to get his camera and go take twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one. That should make the BMW chick uneasy and encourage her to leave.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Does the SW side really need more officers compared to the rest of the city .

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Yeah, it takes a bit to get to your area. I have made several 100 mph runs down Kentucky Ave to get to Heartland Crossing.
    Walmart having a sale on Jack Boots?

For serious, though, how do you manage that and still have all of your teeth. Kentucky Ave. inside the loop is only a slight step up from Country Bumpkin Road out in the boonies. I'm not a fan of driving and absolutely hate it on the bike. I feel like I need a MMA mouth guard when riding from the loop to Raymond if I ever have to go that way.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well the rules work both ways. Should have told your neighbor to get his camera and go take twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one. That should make the BMW chick uneasy and encourage her to leave.
    Nobody else caught the Arlo Guthrie reference?

Top Bottom