What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    The topic about carrying lighters sparked my idea.

When it comes to cigars I love:

Oliva G series
    Nub
    Kristoff
    Ava maria
    and the Petersons Cigarillos

My favorite pipes are my Peterson and Eric nording pipes, as well as a little old pipe found in an antique store.

When it comes to pipe tobacco i love aromatics and dark leaf stuff.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I like Nicaraguan cigars mostly these days. I just lit up a My Father Le Bijou. I've also got some My Father The Judge and Flor de las Antillas. I've got some Oliva Serie V Melanio as well. All are mostly Toro or Robusto sizes. I've got a precious few Padron Serie 1926s, as well, for special occasions.

Almost forgot, because they've been sitting in my humidor for a few years now... I've still got a couple Fuente Fuente Opus X.

A.J. Fernandez makes some good sticks too, like the New World. I'm just out of those right now. Along with a few others I really like. I need to stock back up one of these days.

I don't smoke a pipe.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Right now I'm smoking some pork tenderloin. Some cherry wood for smoke on natural chunk charcoal; a little salt, pepper and garlic on the meat a couple of hours before throwing it in the smoker. . . . . . . . .:drool: man I can't wait!!

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Right now I'm smoking some pork tenderloin. Some cherry wood for smoke on natural chunk charcoal; a little salt, pepper and garlic on the meat a couple of hours before throwing it in the smoker. . . . . . . . .:drool: man I can't wait!!

That sounds amazing

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Haven't had a stogie in a few years but when I did, I really enjoyed the Romeo & Juliet Viejo. It's a box press that almost tastes flavored but it isn't. Man, I really do miss them.

Last edited:

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Have quite a few pipes, but most of the time I just smoke a beat up old Dr. Grabow.
    The more expensive ones don't taste any better, and after 10 years or so, I think the Grabow is almost broken in.
    Usually smoke a Cherry Cavendish.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My first choice is usually something from the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Series. I usually end up with a Short Story unless I've got a lot of time to enjoy.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Have quite a few pipes, but most of the time I just smoke a beat up old Dr. Grabow.
    The more expensive ones don't taste any better, and after 10 years or so, I think the Grabow is almost broken in.

I have Dr. Grabows pipes as well and use Amphora Brown in them mostly.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

I have several Dr. Grabow pipes and enjoy them. I have probably 2 dozen pipes ranging from 10 bucks up to 120. I can def tell a difference between a cheap pipe and an expensive one. It's not about taste but more so how well they smoke.

I forgot to mention I also love corn cob pipes. I always have one in my Jeep. I even made a small pipe stand for it that attaches to my air vent. I got tired of the pipe bouncing around on my dash.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Here's an old thread that never really took off.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ficial-ingo-cigar-thread.html?highlight=Cigar

My three go to cigars right now.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Rocky Patel The Edge.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]La Gloria Cubana Serie N

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]Tabak Especial Negra Toro Maduro Coffee[/FONT][/FONT]

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I quit smoking in April, up until about a month ago that is. Back to Marlboro red label. Not to picky about my cigars, cause I don't smoke them often. A few years ago a buddy's uncle had some Cuban Cigarettos that were to die for.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I’ll just leave this here...

I always said that I would "quit tomorrow" then tomorrow came. I have been diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer. The doctors say I have less than a year with treatment. I have lost 30 lbs in the past month because swallowing food disgusts me, and a half and my voice is shot. Good thing I got Jesus, huh? :yesway: :)

Folks.......QUIT----just QUIT!!! Too many people count on you to be around.

Be blessed--Be a blessing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom