• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Scary times, boys and girls. Major props to the good guy.

Authorities said one woman was killed and seven others were wounded after a 26-year-old African-American man wearing a ski mask opened fire at a Tennessee church Sunday.

The gunman, who officials said shot himself and was taken to a hospital, opened fire at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, southeast of Nashville, just after 11 a.m. and fired “multiple rounds,” police said in a news conference. The Nashville Fire Department called the incident “a mass casualty situation.”
    A church usher confronted the gunman at one point and was pistol-whipped, causing "significant injury around his head." He told police he then went to his own car, grabbed a pistol and headed back into the church. The gunman then shot himself.

The gunman, with his car still running in the parking lot, then entered the rear of the church and shot six people – three women and three men – who were rushed to the hospital, police said.

The gunman and five others were treated for gunshot wounds at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Another victim and the man who was pistol-whipped were taken to Skyline Medical Center for treatment.

The gunman, who remains under police surveillance, is expected to survive.
    "This is a mass casualty situation. All of the wounded have been transported to area hospitals. The majority are older adults," Nashville Fire Department wrote on Twitter, who later clarified all but one victim was over the age of 60.

Tennessee church shooting suspect identified; 1 killed, 7 wounded | Fox News

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Sad day

I hate to say it that this will fade quickly or wont' be reported on at all because of the racial content. If the races were reversed cities would already be on fire

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sad day

I hate to say it that this will fade quickly or wont' be reported on at all because of the racial content. If the races were reversed cities would already be on fire

Well this is clearly false.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's hear it for Bob, except for having to retrieve his gun.

A church usher, identified as Robert Engle, 22, confronted the masked gunman at one point and was pistol-whipped, causing "significant injury around his head," police added. They said Engle went to his own car, grabbed a pistol and headed back into the church.

It was initially reported that the gunman shot himself, although police said it's unclear whether he shot himself or the gun unintentionally discharged during his scuffle with Engle.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    4e8366db19b3bc0656dc000a85a5ad87e4d0b15b.gif

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Sad day

Well this is clearly false.

We'll see in a few days. I will be surprised if it gets the same airtime as the White guy who shot up the Black Church. This one does not fit the agenda

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We'll see in a few days. I will be surprised if it gets the same airtime as the White guy who shot up the Black Church. This one does not fit the agenda

We'll see what? If Charleston, SC burns? Is there really a racial component here, or are you and some others just wanting to create one? The congregation is a mixed congregation, FYI.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    How sad. This animal shot an 84 and 83 year old. What a coward. Glad the usher stopped it.

I'm ALWAYS carrying at church.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Kut, not trying to start anything that is not there.
    Congregation is of no real matter. It's going to be about the shooter.
    In places like Chicago, with high Black populations, Black shooters only get a small mention. I stayed in Chicago for work for 5 yrs and watched the news every night, always the same. But if a White guy did the same thing, they spent a half an hour talking about it.
    This shooting will not fit the leftest / news media's agenda. Is all I'm saying about it

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Doubt it will get any coverage, A!though I do know the Area is a rough area although it is a very diverse area. I am less concerned about his motives and more concerned about the people!e and families affected.

Sad that you have to be vigilant even in church.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    A sad day when sanctity is put such cumbersome acts. Only the cowardly approach in such a way. Was it racism? Was it purely of religious fervor? It is very possible that we may never know the truth. The media only tells us what the current pc allows. The government tells of lies to cover up lies. My prayers are sent to all those involved.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A sad day when sanctity is put such cumbersome acts. Only the cowardly approach in such a way. Was it racism? Was it purely of religious fervor? It is very possible that we may never know the truth. The media only tells us what the current pc allows. The government tells of lies to cover up lies. My prayers are sent to all those involved.

The person the shooter killed, he shot in the back, then turned her over, and shot her in the face. That sounds more like an execution.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I took the pastor from church shooting earlier this year. He didn't come out and say it, but he hinted really hard that I should carry at church. He also informed me that there were usually 5-6 other handguns there during the service.

Top Bottom