• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The nice thing about this place is there's enough population that there's almost always someone that has an answer.

I've come into possession of a spare seat for a good price, I'd like to have it repadded to better fit my height. I'm figure someone on here would have had a similar situation in the past and have some suggestions in the area. I'm in Columbus, there's gotta be places not too far away that do bike seats, say within an hour-hour and a half drive to include Indy and Louisville?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Can't help you on anything local but depending on the bike there are kits available online. Don't know if they'd have anything beyond a "stock" rebuild though.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    There's a place in Jonesboro.. ride and Leather does a great job and can even cut seats and install gel/tushy cushions for you or passenger 765-674-7448

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Fabinis or marquardts here in fort Wayne, I've used haifley bros in az but they don't do much. Also pierce st in Milwaukee does nice work.

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    I can't help with a recommendation but I bought a seat Concepts seat for a DR650 and took it to an upholstery shop near 56th on the east side of Indy and the lady wanted like $200 to staple the cover onto my seat pan. I shipped it back to seat Concepts and they did it for like $25.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'd do it myself if it were just reskinning the seat. Wife and I did re-skin the seat for my old bike, a '77 Suzuki GS400 but that was a pretty straight seat. Wouldn't say it within her earshot but I'm as handy with a needle and thread as my wife, if not moreso but don't trust myself to alter the shape.

There's a place in Jonesboro.. ride and Leather does a great job and can even cut seats and install gel/tushy cushions for you or passenger 765-674-7448

Sounds like a few people have been there and liked it. A bit further than I was hoping but within what I've done in a trip on the current seat.

Barb Nolte in Brazil does nice work. And she's about 5 min from pro-tec if you ever go there.

812-443-8079

DOH! I was just there for the open shoot LAST weekend. About the same distance.

Top Bottom