• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Any of you use them for your car insurance? I have been paying AllState $2500+ for car insurance every year for 20-30 years. I called to make changes to my policy and they wanted to raise it to $3200 a year and that's before they add my daughter to policy, and dropping my truck to PL/PD. My daughter is 22 years old and has been driving for 6 years now.....and my agent just realized she is not on my policy. I am over them. They are getting fired!

State Farm quoted me around $180 a month, which is much better than $300 per month......but Geico came in with the best coverage, full coverage on 3 vehicles...$127 per month or $718 per 6 months, or $1340 per year.

What am I missing. We have not had any accidents or speeding........EVER. Has AllState really been screwing me that bad and is Geico worth a try?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I've had Geico for years for 2 vehicles and a camper. We had to make a claim on a break in on the camper, it went smooth and checks in hand fairly quickly. Our premiums did not go up because of this one incident. The customer service has been above par anytime I have had to call to change a policy/vehicle.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Never used Geico so cant help you there. We use Progressive, best price we could find. Never had to file a claim so not sure on that but customer service has always been great when wanting to add/delete vehicles, coverage, etc

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    State Farm increased our rates on a 16 y.o. truck, so we started looking. GEICO was by far the best rate. Good online access to insurance cards, good emergency service plan. Just...good. I'm happy and the price is much better. No claims yet, but we haven't had any claims in decades anyway.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Appreciate it folks! MrsGungho, glad to hear your claim went smoothly.....that was my biggest concern. I started reading reviews and seen all the bad reviews and had me second guessing. I know how it is though, when people are happy they don't tell anyone but when they are upset they tell everyone. I kind of figured as many insured people Geico has.....there was bound to be bad reviews. I may try Progressive as well.....but Geico is so affordable I may just sign up with them.

My agent is gonna be pissed, but I don't really care. They have never done anything but take money from me. I have paid them $30,000 in homeowners premiums and probably $40,000-$50,000 in vehicle premiums in the last 33 years and NEVER had a claim. If he tries to lower my rate to get me to stay, that's gonna just **** me off more since I will then feel I have been screwed for years. At this point he can't win and will be better off not trying to.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I've had Geico for 10+ years. Two 10 year old vehicles @ $500.00 deductible full coverage $57.00 a month and the rates have never gone up. Love em.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    GEICO is great. Love the green mini-mascot. He's a foreigner btw.
    Two run-ins with Geico only.
    I was on the wrong side of the insurance coverage.
    The green rat screwed me or at least tried to. I had to get a lawyer once to get my vehicle properly fixed.
    Second time I didn't feel like messing with the cheap bastards so I fixed it myself. (Retired auto body repairman)
    All ins companies are in it for a profit.
    IF they save you money then go for it.
    Government Employees Insurance COmpany

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Appreciate it folks! MrsGungho, glad to hear your claim went smoothly.....that was my biggest concern. I started reading reviews and seen all the bad reviews and had me second guessing. I know how it is though, when people are happy they don't tell anyone but when they are upset they tell everyone. I kind of figured as many insured people Geico has.....there was bound to be bad reviews. I may try Progressive as well.....but Geico is so affordable I may just sign up with them.

My agent is gonna be pissed, but I don't really care. They have never done anything but take money from me. I have paid them $30,000 in homeowners premiums and probably $40,000-$50,000 in vehicle premiums in the last 33 years and NEVER had a claim. If he tries to lower my rate to get me to stay, that's gonna just **** me off more since I will then feel I have been screwed for years. At this point he can't win and will be better off not trying to.

I shop around EVERY time it's time to renew. I owe them nothing.

I have an independent agent. I have her review and get me quotes for various companies any time I am going to do a major change (adding each of the kids for example) and just periodically to check other rates.

I'd suggest it. I have had the same agency for more than a couple of decades, but various companies over the years.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've been happy with them. A few claims (my fault and the other guys fault w/ no insurance) and all went well. Accident forgiveness works too.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Another positive vote here. When I clipped a deer a couple years ago, they paid right away to the body shop. My rate didn't change at all.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Never understood the difference in insurance rates from one person to another.

Wife an I, with Geico, two 10 year old cars full coverage 500 deductible and I'm paying about 300/mo. State Farm quote was much higher. No accidents on either of us, one speeding ticket in 15 years for both of us.

I had a blowout towing my camper a few months ago that did a ton of damage to my truck. They were easy to work with, no issues.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Having dealt with Geico on a not-at-fault accident (Geico was the Ins Co for the at-fault party) I can say they were a PITA to deal with. They would ONLY accept a repair estimate from a bodyshop even though dad planned to do the repairs himself. When they finally cut the check it was cut straight to the body-shop that did the quote. Dad had to go to the body-shop to beg them to cash the check; thankfully they obliged. Had they not done so, it likely would have been a royal PITA.

So, from the perspective of getting repairs done etc, be mindful that they make it extremely difficult to do your own repairs.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We've had GEICO for several years. They paid when my wife totaled our car. Tired after all the OT and pulled out in front of a farm semi. Totaled our Sonata, $90K to the truck and a fence combined. No increase in premiums. I hit a deer last year, paid with no problems. They had the best rates several years ago but we haven't looked since then. Not really too excited to shop around much. I hate all the spam and constant marketing when all you want to do is get a quote. I also don't care to give our SSN out to every Tom, Dick & Harry just to see how much something will cost me. Didn't have to give it to Geico if I didn't want to (and didn't).

$750 per 6 months on 2x 2013 4Runners. Full coverage. $250 deductible. 100/300/100 + UM + Roadside + Rental on one. Going to drop the rental next time around. Might check around and see if anything has changed with the other companies. Won't do Progressive for any reason at all, ever.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    I shop around EVERY time it's time to renew. I owe them nothing.

QFT. I've tried Allstate, Geico, Progressive, etc. Whoever has the best rate on the coverage I want gets my money. Maybe that will change someday if I have to make a claim, but for now they're about equal. But it peeves me to no end when the renewal for the same coverage goes up year over year. No claims and the vehicles are only depreciating, so shouldn't the premiums be dropping too? I think they count on people's laziness, complacency, or fear of change to slowly jack up rates over time. I keep jumping around to keep them on their toes and get the best rate.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We have had our cars with Geico for 4 years now. Had one claim that was handled very well. About a year ago we moved our household to them. They have a very slick mobile app you can use on your phone for any of your policies.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I had Geico for 6yrs had one small claim, wife backed into a truck at CVS.. They paid with no problem and didn't raise my rates. However I've since dropped them in favor of Indiana Farmers, because of inconsistent pricing on my renewal. Two years ago when I received my renewal notice, I decided to wait nearer to the expiration date to renew, a week later I got a renewal reminder with a different price than the first one. I got on their website to pay and it had a different price than the others. I called the company and asked what the deal was an received yet another quote for renewal, these prices were both lower or higher than the first quote, varying as much as $100 either way. No one could give a reason for this, so I informed them I was changing companies. Indiana Farmers quote was $200 lower than Geico's. Before my policy lapsed I received another bill from Geico with a different price from the others. In all I received 5 quotes each with a different price in about a month's time. Two of the quote's I received were on the same day with different prices.

Top Bottom