• ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    WTF is wrong with people.

VALPARAISO — A dog reportedly stolen from a home Wednesday in the first block of Dumas Street was found decapitated a day later near the residence, according to police. Police said the incident does not appear to be random and they have no knowledge of any other similar incidents in the city, despite reports on social media. The orange and white male pit bull, named Dudley, was reported stolen from the home at 8 p.m. Wednesday, said Valparaiso Police Sgt. Mike Grennes. The woman reporting the theft gave police the names of people of interest, and an investigation is underway, Grennes said. The woman, who was the owner of the dog, said she found Dudley dead and decapitated around 4:30 p.m. Thursday near railroad tracks by her house, he said. Police are unsure how the dog died or when it was decapitated. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Valparaiso Police at (219) 462-2135. Tips can be texted to TIP411 (847-411) enter “Valpo” in the message field prior to sending your message.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Maybe it tried to see how close it could get its nose to the train?

So this animal was taken from a yard enclosure and then killed? How do you do that with a pit bull? Maybe the dog knew the person.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Maybe it tried to see how close it could get its nose to the train?

So this animal was taken from a yard enclosure and then killed? How do you do that with a pit bull? Maybe the dog knew the person.

My pit would go with any one. He acts like a golden. That might be because I raised him with one.

I hope Karma gets the SOB that did it,

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My pit would go with any one. He acts like a golden. That might be because I raised him with one.

I hope Karma gets the SOB that did it,

Mine probably would, too. Most pits love people. I'm sure he would get pissed if someone was trying to hurt us, and might react aggressively then.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Mine probably would, too. Most pits love people. I'm sure he would get pissed if someone was trying to hurt us, and might react aggressively then.
    When I wrestle with my boy my golden would get right between us. This guy looks like he's saying "I'm sleeping here, find another room" :): He is a cuddle puppy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hadn't thought of the train thing, but the tracks are​ the back yard there. I would think that would be fairly obvious, though.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I responded to a domestic one night on the east side of Indy, aka "The Swamp." To show the woman who was boss, the "man" stabbed her female pit bull to death and then threw it at officers while we were standing outside talking to her. He killed it because it growled at him after he beat the female up. He made the mistake of taking the stand in court and said "ain't no dog going to disrespect me in my own house." He didn't get a long prison sentence, but he went for a couple years.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When the perpetrator is identified, I vote for having him hauled in at the end of a rope behind the car.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Guy at work was talking about this. I'm not a pet person per se , but this sounds somewhat personal. Taking it out on some poor dog is just sad.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Next door neighbor's dog was poisoned several years ago. They found a piece of beef in the yard which had been soaked in gasoline and a pesticide. I made sure all the neighbors knew about it and, in doing so, probably talked to the SOB who did it. One of those things I simply can't fathom.

Top Bottom