• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So we got back from Disney and a good time was had by all. While there we noticed a wide array of T shirts ranging from funny to down right offensive.

One we day we all wore our welcome to the dark side t shirts with the date of the eclipse and a picture of the eclipse and the date. There were at least 3 people that made comments about how racist our shirts were I can not believe the ignorance of some people. My wife refrained from responding until the snowflake with the ' I STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD' made a remark.

Guess it takes all kinds

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you think everything is racist, you’ll see racism everywhere you look. I think you can’t be silent about it. I think you need to say wat it means in a way which makes them look embarrassingly small. If they think the eclipse is racist they need to be embarrassed.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If I have a nickle for every one of my liberal friends and relatives to me the only reason I didn't vote for Obama we because he was black. For get the fact that I have never voted for a democrat for president. Yeah, it was skin color, yeah, what ever.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Again......the media driven agenda to divide us up into smaller groups for easier control. "O" got this ball rolling right after he took his hand off the bible.
    Things were fairly calm up to that point.
    Laws and freebies will not bring us together. Only we can do that. As a society.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I have a nickle for every one of my liberal friends and relatives to me the only reason I didn't vote for Obama we because he was black. For get the fact that I have never voted for a democrat for president. Yeah, it was skin color, yeah, what ever.....

I no longer get that from anyone because my responses to this nonsense have become fairly visceral. I have a loud voice and I will/have used it to shut these idiots up.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So we got back from Disney and a good time was had by all. While there we noticed a wide array of T shirts ranging from funny to down right offensive.

One we day we all wore our welcome to the dark side t shirts with the date of the eclipse and a picture of the eclipse and the date. There were at least 3 people that made comments about how racist our shirts were I can not believe the ignorance of some people. My wife refrained from responding until the snowflake with the ' I STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD' made a remark.

Guess it takes all kinds

[video=youtube;ehrj58nJBJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehrj58nJBJI[/video]

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    If you think everything is racist, you’ll see racism everywhere you look. I think you can’t be silent about it. I think you need to say wat it means in a way which makes them look embarrassingly small. If they think the eclipse is racist they need to be embarrassed.

I believe tyis to be 99% of the racial problems we are facing today. IMO.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I no longer get that from anyone because my responses to this nonsense have become fairly visceral. I have a loud voice and I will/have used it to shut these idiots up.

Which brings up the fact that I have become very prejudiced in the last 10 years.. It's not against any ethnic or social group but against idiots. Is is me or have idiots become more prolific in the last few years?
    Too bad I can't spot them by looking at them. It would save me countless dollars spent on antacids. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Which brings up the fact that I have become very prejudiced in the last 10 years.. It's not against any ethnic or social group but against idiots. Is is me or have idiots become more prolific in the last few years?
    Too bad I can't spot them by looking at them. It would save me countless dollars spent on antacids. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

That is not "Per judice" (pre judging) That is indignation. I used to slough off when I would be pre judged as a racist because I am white. I now become very indignant as evidenced in some conversations here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&] /[/FONT][FONT=&] RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Very good point. I truly believe that the world has tipped on its axis. All the idiots have slid into the same corner. They see their numbers are legion. They are moving in lockstep now.

No one is really held accountable for what ever idiocy spews from their lips these days. It almost seems like a contest.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is not "Per judice" (pre judging) That is indignation. I used to slough off when I would be pre judged as a racist because I am white. I now become very indignant as evidenced in some conversations here.

We are a biracial family. My daughters significant other is a young man of color. The little terrorists in my avatar are mixed as is their 10 year old sister. They are truly the very best of us all. I get to see this through the eyes of the "Other" side as it were. The issues have become confusing. The message is muddled. This is by plan. With out this madness many would fall out of positions of power/importance. Incomes/revenue streams would dry up. I get seriously angered when I am referred to as a racist. This is usually when a discussion does not go the way they think it should when they talk in circles and have no facts to anchor their position. That is when the labels are applied. At that point there is no reason to remain reasonable anymore. There is no winning over the hearts and minds of those who feel it is OK to disrupt for no more reason than to be disruptive.
    Yes, I have become very very angry when I am labeled.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Col. Jeff Cooper

Ideologues sound very idiotic. So it's not that idiots have become more prolific, it's that we have more ideologues.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the idiots used to just spread their stupidity by personal contact and once most of us figured out a particular person was an idiot, we tended not to put ourselves in contact with them (except at holiday functions, etc -- think "Cousin Eddie"), now social media gives every idiot with a smart phone a platform to spread their special kind of stupidity. Makes you wonder why it is s called a smart phone when they are used by so many stupid people to do stupid things.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Again......the media driven agenda to divide us up into smaller groups for easier control. "O" got this ball rolling right after he took his hand off the bible.
    Things were fairly calm up to that point.
    Laws and freebies will not bring us together. Only we can do that. As a society.

Yep, so true. 10 years ago it seemed like we were all Americans. Different ideals. But it seemed like more people worked together to change the USA, we had political party's. Yea, there were differences.

Now it seems like we are not only divided by politics but but race, gender, sexuality and rich/poor and so on. Everything is about identity and people are more pushed apart then I have ever seen in my life time. You are right. The media has played a large (huge) roll in all of this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, so true. 10 years ago it seemed like we were all Americans. Different ideals. But it seemed like more people worked together to change the USA, we had political party's. Yea, there were differences.

Now it seems like we are not only divided by politics but but race, gender, sexuality and rich/poor and so on. Everything is about identity and people are more pushed apart then I have ever seen in my life time. You are right. The media has played a large (huge) roll in all of this.

I do believe this has been by design.
    In small angry groups we are more easily guided/controlled.

Top Bottom