• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Curious if anyone has a strong opinion on their primary care physician being the same sex vs the opposite sex as they. It has been far to many years since I have been to a regular doctor and recently got a referral for a new primary care physician. The recommended doctor is female. After some thought, I concluded that is a good thing. Maybe it is the mothering thing but with all else equal, I think at my age I have been somewhat conditioned to just say yes dear and do whatever I am told.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I prefer a Dr. that listens and does a great job, sex means nothing in that aspect.

Having said that my wife is my Dr. so I am exempt.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've had a couple of female physicians.
    One of them had a modest streak a mile long.
    The other didn't give a damn one way or another. Purely professional.
    I didn't care either way after a couple of visits.
    IF IF IF they're a good doctor then I'd consider myself fortunate. Sex doesn't matter. Well, unless you're not getting any. Then it matters a bunch

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    "Yes Dear" might not be the best thing to say to any doctor. For me personally, I do not intend to pay any attention to the sex, race, color, or creed of my doctors. I assume they have been well trained and are experts in their fields, until it becomes clear otherwise I will trust them to do their job well. Of course I do believe in the axiom "trust, but verify" so I do check credentials, experience, and training. The internet has given us the ability to checkup on medical providers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think I would be uncomfortable with a female doctor doing the my prostate and penis/testicle inspections...

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife MUST have a female doctor for female issues or she walks out, her choice.

I've only had female doctors by coincidence. Never had male issues, only exams.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have had the same guy for 32 years, so I haven't had to worry about anyone else playing with my junk.

When I had my vasectomy, I had a female nurse in the room but I had already had a big shot of valium and she didn't bother me at all....

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Back in 1972 when I went for my draft physical the physician in the room with a bunch of 18-19 year old buck nekkid boys was an older woman. We had to do the squat and walk like a duck in front of her as she examined each of us in turn. Even back then I wasn't too modest so I didn't care... but there were many, many embarrassed young men in that room .

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have had both male and female drs. Currently he's a "he", I don't like him. I'm finding that as they get more "intrusive" that female drs tend to have smaller hands, hence smaller digits!

Hey, I'm just being practical!!:rockwoot:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had a lady doctor as my GP. She was awesome. I was sad when she retired. I see a pain doctor that is a lady. She is great too. Male or female doesn't matter to me. I just like having a doc that I trust and feel comfortable with.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have had both male and female drs. Currently he's a "he", I don't like him. I'm finding that as they get more "intrusive" that female drs tend to have smaller hands, hence smaller digits!

Hey, I'm just being practical!!:rockwoot:
    Timy Asian females for any "intrusive"!

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I think I would be uncomfortable with a female doctor doing the my prostate and penis/testicle inspections...

They do a PSA blood test now and recommend the Colonoscopy after 50 ... but back a few years ago I had a female Dr do them yearly with no issues ( Yes she was Hot )

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I do rectal exams all the time. More if it's a work week. Trust me, the doc doesn't care and isn't checking you out. They prefer to not do them but it's part of life.

some guys don't like guys doing pelvic exams on their ladies. Usually it's a boyfriend, the women usually don't care. We tell boyfriends they can and will leave the room. The bonus is very few reasons you really need to do a pelvic in the ER, though it's customary to consider it when women have abd pain, which they do all...the...time...

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    I've found that male and female doctors find me equally disgusting to exam me. Still waiting for the dad-bod to catch on with the medical crowd.

Top Bottom