• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Before we go all INGO and start criticizing technique and not being armed....that skinny balding dude, heart of a lion. This was great to see:

[video=youtube;5GjPyrxFXqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GjPyrxFXqA[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's the Aldi my wife shops at. We watched it a few times....and enjoyed it.

See the guy in the white shirt at the end who's looking for a place to put his stuff down, then gets in there when it appears that the struggle is pretty much over? Lesson- never give up a chance to sit on a downed tweaker.

22310568_1459464667494032_2984044231792634872_n.jpg

59dbd3a1c6b86.image.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mob mentality exhibited.

Everyone was just going to stand there and watch until someone changed the narrative. At that point everyone else joined in.

The second thing I observed was his technique - keep pushing and keep the suspect off balance. When he got to the end of the isle, he slowed down on the bad guy was able to get his feet back underneath him. A better tactic would have been to spin or do some other takedown once you're in the open.

The third thing I noticed is how oblivious everyone is to a hooded and masked man walking right up to cashier. :n00b:

Now, let's play "what if"... You don't see a gun, just verbal threats. You're armed, you're a store, you're at close range...

Hands on, go for guns, or...???

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    That was heartwarming. :)

I like the old gal in the maroon (I think) sweater who goes out of her way to go observe the dogpile on the floor, puts her hand to face in the "Oh my word" gesture, and then takes a peek in somebody else's shopping cart to see what he has.

ETA: and that mugshot photo - classic.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Mob mentality exhibited.

Everyone was just going to stand there and watch until someone changed the narrative. At that point everyone else joined in.

The second thing I observed was his technique - keep pushing and keep the suspect off balance. When he got to the end of the isle, he slowed down on the bad guy was able to get his feet back underneath him. A better tactic would have been to spin or do some other takedown once you're in the open.

The third thing I noticed is how oblivious everyone is to a hooded and masked man walking right up to cashier. :n00b:

Now, let's play "what if"... You don't see a gun, just verbal threats. You're armed, you're a store, you're at close range...

Hands on, go for guns, or...???

YMMV .....

If I was checking out, and I heard him say whatever, to the cashier,

I would have patted my side, and said .....

I DON'T think so, buddy .....

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    YMMV .....

If I was checking out, and I heard him say whatever, to the cashier,

I would have patted my side, and said .....

I DON'T think so, buddy .....

Same here. With hand on (hip). "Not today ahole."

I will say the Aldi's do seem to have a more open-clear line of sight in the check out area as compared to Wally or DG. Just my :twocents:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Who robs an Aldi????? Of course he's going to get taken down. The people in Aldi aren't the same as the people in trader joe's. I wouldn't mess with Aldi people.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Who robs an Aldi????? Of course he's going to get taken down. The people in Aldi aren't the same as the people in trader joe's. I wouldn't mess with Aldi people.

You realize that what we know as "Aldi" is "Aldi Sud (south)" in Germany and what we know as "Trader Joe's" is "Aldi Nord (north)" in Germany, right?

*checks files*...

That's what I do when the first 3 words of a news report are "local physician implicated".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I've kinda made a promise to myself that unless someone's in imminent danger of death or significant bodily injury, I'm staying out of it. I would totally be the guy that would help pile on to keep him corralled, but mostly... it ain't my money and no one's getting hurt. (There are a couple permutations where I'd use non-lethal old-dude tricks, but they are pretty narrow.) Condition Butterscotch.

If the stakes elevate to death or SBI, then I'm probably CCing and would be triggered. It is one of those rather rare binary moments: it is or it aint, and if it is, then I will do what I gotta do. Condition Red.

Ain't nothing at Aldi's worth going to the hospital for. And that includes by ingesting.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    As a family we shop at all Aldi's quite a bit. I'm amazed at the amount of customers that use cash instead of debit/credit cards.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

:yesway:. I think the Aldi-Nord folk would "shelter-in-place".

From a purely visual standpoint, whats the deal with all the tats? Same for the ms13 cats. Covered in tats. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's the Aldi my wife shops at. We watched it a few times....and enjoyed it.

See the guy in the white shirt at the end who's looking for a place to put his stuff down, then gets in there when it appears that the struggle is pretty much over? Lesson- never give up a chance to sit on a downed tweaker.

22310568_1459464667494032_2984044231792634872_n.jpg

59dbd3a1c6b86.image.jpg
    In high school this guy was voted most likely to get his ass kicked during an attempted robbery of a super market.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    If he would have just saved his money instead of getting tats, maybe he wouldn't be so desperate. Tats are expensive. Looks like some were in process and didn't have all the color yet.

Top Bottom