• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Someone please adopt the coon hound in the classifieds. It will be euthanized tomorrow morning if no one claims it. I would take it but I already have a house full of cats.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If the dog was not dangerous, I'd at least chain her to a dog house or get a low-dollar kennel and put her in your back yard to give more time to re-home her.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Looks like the dog now has a 10 day waiting period before it can be re-homed or destroyed. It is not good with kids but otherwise sounds like a good dog. Not sure if it has ever been around other animals. We have rescued several cats over the years but just aren't set up to care for a dog right now.

Someone posted a link to a Coonhound rescue group so that should be a possibility.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good on you all for your efforts.
    Hope the OP finds a home for this one but I for one would not trust it. Seems to be wound up a bit to tight. JMHO of course.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I had posted that dog for adoption awhile back and know the person who had it.
    She had a small dog around it and the dog was raised around kids but was outside in a kennel most of the time but was in the house at times with the kids and the little dog. It's a bummer she is doing this. I hope this information helps and I hope she finds a home soon

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I love dogs had them all throughout child hood... biting is a severe issue... but biting in the face is euthanasia, especially when it's a child.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    This dog bit a child. Euthanizing it is appropriate.

There has only been one animal my entire life that was really "special" to me. This animal once bit a child when she stepped on his tail. Should it have been euthanized?

Edit: I am not some PETA wingnut and I do hunt but I also have a soft heart for animals.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I still have the scar from being bit in the face by a dog when i was young. I also have pictures of me riding the same dog bare back like a horse. Same dog was my best friend until it passed. Its ashes are in my gun safe. Its because of this dog i cant have another. Im still not over losing it

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Different mindset when a dog bites to the face. The face is not a defensive bite.

I will take your word on that. It sounds to me like this particular dog is just high strung. I would think that bites to the neck would indicate a desire to harm or kill. But, it certainly shouldn't be around children if it does happen to get re-homed. It's out of my hands either way.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I will take your word on that. It sounds to me like this particular dog is just high strung. I would think that bites to the neck would indicate a desire to harm or kill. But, it certainly shouldn't be around children if it does happen to get re-homed. It's out of my hands either way.

My family has helped rescue rehabilitate and rehome dozens of dogs. I have seen hundreds of scuffles, been snapped at, gotten teeth many times, yet I have only been actually bitten once. Dogs do not bite down on the body or ever go for the face unless they mean to harm the target. Neck is a kill bite.

Top Bottom