• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Tru Dat

Anyhoo, they are also talking about making highways within Indy tollways, I-465, I assume.

All I have to say is- get the EZ Pass.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Ok. I has confusion. I thought they raised the gas tax to pay for additional road work. So in typical government fasion, they want more.

So between raising the vehicle registration fees, gas tax and all the speeding tickets, they can't find a way to pay for roads without an additional tax...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Tru Dat

Anyhoo, they are also talking about making highways within Indy tollways, I-465, I assume.

All I have to say is- get the EZ Pass.

Be nice if EZ Pass was a universal protocol across the country! Although I prefer Oklahoma's version; Pike Pass. The plus on it is that it isn't automatically recharged and their minimum balance is zero! EZ Pass, I'm told, is auto refill and a $20 minimum balance. There has to be "something" illegal about that!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Be nice if EZ Pass was a universal protocol across the country! Although I prefer Oklahoma's version; Pike Pass. The plus on it is that it isn't automatically recharged and their minimum balance is zero! EZ Pass, I'm told, is auto refill and a $20 minimum balance. There has to be "something" illegal about that!

All i know is that I can drive from here to New York with the EZ Pass- don't know about anything west of Illinois.

Keep in mind that Indiana has a budget surplus as these things are being discussed.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ok. I has confusion. I thought they raised the gas tax to pay for additional road work. So in typical government fasion, they want more.

So between raising the vehicle registration fees, gas tax and all the speeding tickets, they can't find a way to pay for roads without an additional tax...

they did. But when has the gov't ever seen a tax it doesn't like?

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    They can also use tolls as a way to issue speeding tickets. Too quick between stop and robs, get robbed again. Win-win for the .gov.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I am so tired of our governments screwing us every chance they get. If they want to build a new highway and make it a toll road to help pay for it, fine. Leave the existing roads alone.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why am I not surprised? If they slap tolls on our interstates here I'd better never have to touch my brakes on the interstate again. If I want to pay to stand/sit in line I'll go to an amusement park.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My wife's friend that has lived in Jersey her entire life is baffled that we don't pay tolls to drive on the highways here. They're so indoctrinated that they have to pay pay pay they didn't even know there was another world.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ...in a state running a budget surplus.

I know...I'm being repetitive.

I appreciate that the Republicans run a surplus, and one of my issues with the (D) candidate during the debates was the "interest is low, now's the time to borrow and run deficits" answers. However...this is ridiculous. Tolls suck. Raised gas tax already, now this?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Indot gets involved in lots of stuff besides roads. Stellar grants, rail to trail projects, moving stuff grants, the list goes on and each item needs money to fund the project and staff it.

Always follow the money.....

...as it leaves your wallet and travels to the well connected.

Top Bottom