• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The local Team RWB (Veteran organization) chapter is having a sporting clays shoot on Veteran's Day. My local conservation club is going to donate a prize worth up to $200. I am in charge and looking for some ideas from you guys.

I thought maybe a nice cooler and a sporting clays backpack, but would like some other ideas since most people have a cooler already.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've got friends in Dubois County and the cooler idea is a good one. I loaned one of these friends my big fish/deer cooler for a get together he was having and he told me after filling it with beer and ice there was still beer and ice left over after the party. That's saying something in Dubois County.;)

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Our Conservation Club hosted a Corporate underwritten Charity Shoot last year and one of the big prizes was a special issue bicycle with that Corporation's logos. The winner couldn't sell that thang fast enough. Whatever you offer won't please everyone; however a gift card for Cabelas, Bass Pro, Academy, etc... in my mind has the most appeal.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Th cooler is a good idea. How much is a Yeti ? Forget trophies. Rather than a backpack take a look at some shooting bags. I just a really nice one at the Indiana Gun Club yesterday although it was a Caesar Guerrini brand item.

Are you giving out just one prize ( to the high overall winner ) or is $200 your budget for several places ? That would certainly dictate how you approach this.

Where and when is the shoot ? Open to the public ? Teams or individual shoot ?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Rossi youth matched pair.
    I believe they are available in .22lr/20ga.

It would be a great starter gun for a new shooter to learn on.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Th cooler is a good idea. How much is a Yeti ?

Yeti Roadies are $199.99 now

Usually prizes that do best are things where people want them but probably wouldn't spend the money on themselves.

Binocs, rangefinder, scope, knives, guns, etc. are all sweet to win but pretty personable cause people have their likes and dislikes and could always trade their price for something else.

A Yeti would be nice cause a lot of people won't but one cause the price, same with their drink ware.

A Roadie would be a great prize

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    We are just doing one prize, there have already been lots of other prizes donated. I do like the bino idea, I myself don't really have a good pair.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Th cooler is a good idea. How much is a Yeti ? Forget trophies. Rather than a backpack take a look at some shooting bags. I just a really nice one at the Indiana Gun Club yesterday although it was a Caesar Guerrini brand item.

Are you giving out just one prize ( to the high overall winner ) or is $200 your budget for several places ? That would certainly dictate how you approach this.

Where and when is the shoot ? Open to the public ? Teams or individual shoot ?

The shoot is open to any Team RWB member. It is free to join Team RWB, and there is no junk mail or anything like that. Just a friendly veterans and civilian organization that focuses on providing fun activities for everyone.

This shoot will be shot in groups of 4 or 5 but all scoring is individual. It is at the Cool Springs sporting clays course, which is a private course. It is Top notch, supposedly the owner has been asked to let Olympic Shooters train there.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    .22 rifle, plenty to be had for less than 2 bills.

Maybe a shooters' goodie basket:
    coupon book for range time/event entry at your CC, good range finder, coupon for custom molded ear pro at the next 1500, spotting scope, etc.

Like M67 said above, a good prize is something people want but don't really want to spend the money on themselves. The yeti might be your winner though.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Rather than an overpriced Yeti cooler how about a couple of overpriced gas cans and/or water jugs? Something you may not buy for yourself but would like to get as a prize.

Jerry Can | Nato Jerry Can | Metal Jerry Can | 20L jerry can | jerry can accessories

Scepter Military Water Can 20L BLUE - level3 Container Group

nato-metal-jerry-can-red-w-spout.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Here is a pretty slick Igloo LED party bar cooler. We gave one away as a raffle prize for our sales team at work and everyone was talking about how much they wanted it.

[video=youtube_share;nwfKg1c5WTs]http://youtu.be/nwfKg1c5WTs[/video]

Top Bottom