Anyone else score a launch day iPhone X?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    w00t!

I usually suck at stuff like this, but I used the My Verizon app on both my iPhone and iPad and scored a Space Gray 256 GB iPhone X for "delivery by Nov. 3rd". The button to "Select" the phone didn't go live until about 3:10 ET, and I completed my order around 3:12 to 3:13. Hope y'all had good luck--I figured this was going to be next to impossible.

Edit: Cary scored the same color/capacity through AT&T's mobile app, too. Glad they did this at 3 AM local time--I think that helps us here in the East who keep vampires' hours.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ...says the man whose pool would have paid off my house twice.

i seriously doubt that, or your mortgage is paid down nicely. But assuming that is the case, doesn't that highlight my point even more?

i'm talking features, what does it do that my 7 doesn't that's worth $1150?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    i seriously doubt that, or your mortgage is paid down nicely. But assuming that is the case, doesn't that highlight my point even more?

i'm talking features, what does it do that my 7 doesn't that's worth $1150?

Lol, my house is quite modest.

To answer your question, I don’t know. For me, my 6 is reaching EOL. I have to restore network settings to factory once a day just to have signal. I needed an upgrade, and I rather upgrade to what will stay “current” the longest.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Just bought a bunch of parts for the AR's..... Who spends money on phones? All I see is "coulda bought a Larue or 4 cases of ammo" :dunno:

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    I used to be a new phone each gen kind of guy, but I don't know about this go around...just not that interested. I feel like I'm not exceeding the hardware anymore, and I've got my handful of core apps...more interested in the Watch Series 3 this time.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Going to rebuild the iPhone 6 Plus of mine. The battery has some charging issues (lightning cable has to be placed weird to charge) I am sure the battery could use a refresh and I have a crack in the screen but it has not given me any real issues. So screen plus battery and lighting cable connection of which I have a screen.

I have a replacement screen i don’t have the special tool to replace. Like other say it still seems to do what I need it to does all day every day and it is basically what I use 100 precent for a computer. I have a basic video style desktop and a basic needs laptop.

At this point I love the 3.5 mm jack enough to at least use this till it will no longer support the latest platform. Then use it as a mo3 style player worth the cost to make it what it was when I got it.

Now the will keep an eye out when Xmas is over. Could find a nice deal on a 7 plus or something a couple weeks post Xmas. I like the big screens. It the 6 plus is about as good with the 3.5 mm jack as will be now. So I will upgrade it back to the past and wait out all the hype er’ till next cycle of phones.

Build quality of past iPhones is good enough that even my old iPhone 5 still works well. It runs an old jailbreak and streams pandora ad free but basically need to stay plugged in as that is the original battery.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    Or communist cars.....seriously though, I hate Apple products and customer service. I will never own another Apple product.

I'm curious about your complaints with apple customer service. I'm a long time apple hater, but my kids have apple products and i've had a better than average time with apple customer service.

Top Bottom