• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Great Show! They have really done some indepth research and follow up to put this together. I'm watching!

I just can't help but wonder if there will ever be a conclusion to the show, as in, "Yep! We found Hitler's body here in Argentina (or wherever) and DNA analysis proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's him." Or, will it turn into another Curse of Oak Island and go on and on in perpetuity, with each season claiming, "This season, we will finally solve the mystery!" I'll believe it (about both shows) when I see it.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    " Or, will it turn into another Curse of Oak Island and go on and on in perpetuity, with each season claiming, "This season, we will finally solve the mystery!" I'll believe it (about both shows) when I see it.

The wife lives for Oak Island. I sit there and just laugh. The announcers is the best part of the show.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The theory that Hitler escaped after the war has been around since at least when I was a kid in the 1960's.
    I remember hearing it said even then.
    But in those days, it was said that even if it was true, Hitler's health was such that he wouldn't have lived very long anyway.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just can't help but wonder if there will ever be a conclusion to the show, as in, "Yep! We found Hitler's body here in Argentina (or wherever) and DNA analysis proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's him." Or, will it turn into another Curse of Oak Island and go on and on in perpetuity, with each season claiming, "This season, we will finally solve the mystery!" I'll believe it (about both shows) when I see it.

The problem is that there's no reliable source for Adolf Hilter's DNA.
    You would have to find Hitler's living relatives and have their agree to provide a DNA sample.
    Even then you wouldn't be 100% sure since you wouldn't be using Hitler's father or Hitler's son DNA to compare it to the body you found.

The Russians have a piece of skull believed to have been Hitler's skull.
    They recently (like 10 years ago?) did a DNA test on the skull and found out it was a woman's skull.
    So they know for sure it's not Hitler's skull but if they found a male DNA they would not have been able to match it to Hitler's DNA witout a good sample.

DNA tests are only reliable if you can compare it to a reliable DNA sample which is almost impossible to get in the case of Hitler.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The Russians have a piece of skull believed to have been Hitler's skull.
    They recently (like 10 years ago?) did a DNA test on the skull and found out it was a woman's skull.
    So they know for sure it's not Hitler's skull but if they found a male DNA they would not have been able to match it to Hitler's DNA witout a good sample.

Maybe... Hitler was hermaphroditic... with female DNA but packin',.. and that's why he never reproduced?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I will bet that this is the last one.
    The show last Tuesday showed very little of them and no digging. It is done.

This weeks show was a from another show the History channel did on the Knights Templar. . . they just blended the two together, even my wife is beginning to be upset with her Oak Island.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This weeks show was a from another show the History channel did on the Knights Templar. . . they just blended the two together, even my wife is beginning to be upset with her beloved Oak Island.

I guess they're not really running "new" episodes of Oak Island, or as i call it choke island, due to the olympics.

I find the Hunting Hitler series very interesting. Whether or not they can prove Hitler made it to Argentina or not, who knows, but they have proven quite a few high ranking ss soldiers made it there.

Top Bottom