• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Today I was gifted a used 1tb Xbox One. Along with the console, I was given two controllers and 3 game discs. Though one was a Halo 1-4 on a single disc. I told the person in an earlier conversation about this console that I would pay him. Then today he refused money and wanted to give this to my son and I to play together. We never spoke actual asking price for the item and I don’t know what a fair price would be. It is in good condition and the system has been wiped clean so it’s as good as new. I’m not one to take hand outs and I know this is a gift to his mind and I do not want to offend him by insisting I pay. Buuuutt... if I were to give him some money, what would be a fair price to pay for the aforementioned items? Prices that I’ve found online are either dated or pretty much all over the spectrum from $60-$80 all the way to $300+. Any advice would be helpful!

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I don't know how much it's worth. I've always been a PC/Online gamer, but if you are really wanting to pay someone money why not find out what his favorite charity might be and donate to it? Or if he has a pet, give some cash to the local shelter. Something like that.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Outside of birthdays and Christmas, I donÂ’t take gifts well, and sometimes even then. Especially if not from family. I tend to feel indebted to them. So itÂ’s just a bit difficult for me to accept a item that may cost a few hundred dollars and one that we had originally planned to exchange monies for. I do like the ideas of donations and Chezuki like you said and I mentioned earlier I sure donÂ’t want to be rude in the face of a kind gesture.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Get him a $50 gift card. It less than what it's worth but the point is to show him you appreciate the gesture.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Just swallow your pride and take the gift.

"It's more blessed to give than to receive." Let him keep the blessing.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I collect games so I use this site a lot for pricing. I sent a link for the consoles but you can search the games and whatever else too. It’s pretty accurate on the current going rate by averaging some trends and sales on sites such as eBay. You can find stuff cheaper and sometimes people ask a lot more so it’s just a ballpark. As the others mentioned, I wouldn’t force a gift but would possibly wait until they have a time of need or pay it forward to someone else in need and help someone who actually may need the help.

https://www.pricecharting.com/search-products?q=Xbox+One+console+1+Tb&type=videogames&go=Go

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Thank you for the link this was very helpful in showing me the value of everything, and exactly what I was searching for.

ItÂ’s still a bit uncomfortable for me to accept a gift just out of the blue with no birthday or special occasion. I dunno, just me I guess.

Ultimately, with most everyone saying the same thing about swallowing my pride. ThatÂ’s what IÂ’ve done. Feeling a bit silly at this point, so IÂ’ll just go play some Halo...;)....and I will repay the kindness at another time. Thanks again to everyone who had a thought.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    pay it forward. I have been on the giving and receiving end of paying it forward.

Charity, shelter, someone else that needs a hand. It makes you feel good.

Top Bottom