• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Not sure how much longer I have left.

My wife is somehow under the impression (ahem) that the earrings I got her for her birthday are diamonds.

But they're not.

When I gave them to her, I simply said "In the past I know you've mentioned that you'd like some larger diamond stud earrings, so I got you these."

A few days later she said to me "I hope you didn't spend a lot on those earrings". So I texted her a link to a pair of 2ct total weight square cut diamond solitaire earrings from Zales' website. Like $3500 for that particular pair I linked her to.

So when she finds out that her 2 ct total-weight earrings aren't diamonds... Well, like I said, it's been nice knowing y'all.

In my defense: I never told her they WERE diamonds. But I also didn't tell her they weren't.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

My wife is somehow under the impression (ahem) that the earrings I got her for her birthday are diamonds.

But they're not.

When I gave them to her, I simply said "In the past I know you've mentioned that you'd like some larger diamond stud earrings, so I got you these."

A few days later she said to me "I hope you didn't spend a lot on those earrings". So I texted her a link to a pair of 2ct total weight square cut diamond solitaire earrings from Zales' website. Like $3500 for that particular pair I linked her to.

So when she finds out that her 2 ct total-weight earrings aren't diamonds... Well, like I said, it's been nice knowing y'all.

In my defense: I never told her they WERE diamonds. But I also didn't tell her they weren't.

Well, since funerals are even more expensive than the diamonds that won't fit in the budget, I have a backhoe you can posthumously borrow!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    When she gets mad enough about everything else, you'll get the last laugh when she tries to pawn them

It's like you know me in real life or something.

Well, since funerals are even more expensive than the diamonds that won't fit in the budget, I have a backhoe you can posthumously borrow!

I may be in touch!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    See you on the evening news.

b361620d39.jpeg

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

But they're not.

Sins of omission, my friend. Sins of omission.

* Oh, and I heard she secretly reads all your INGO posts, when you're not looking. Your goose is cooked. Already well done, and crispy.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    HOLD ON THERE!! Can we plan some sort of "event" where the ear rings mysteriously disappear some how? Then the insurance company won't pay out and the jelwery store lost the reciept. Or TF bouht them "off the books" from a saleman who said it was his last day and wanted to give TF a great deal. He's in jail now, ear rings have to go back and you're lucky not to be hit with possession of stolen property.

Don't give up. It ain't over yet!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Guy we bought our house from told his now ex-wife that he had knocked her diamond wedding ring down behind the built in stove. After tearing the stove out and the counter apart they were unable to locate the ring, she still held out hope that we might find it one day if we ever remodeled the kitchen.

I'm guessing she just didn't check the right pawn shop.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    um the only 4 outcomes I see are
    1 she's going to kill you, (she didn't say she was, just like you didn't say they weren't real diamonds!)
    2 she's going to divorce you (she didn't say she was, just like you didn't say they weren't real diamonds!)
    3 you're going to buy her a sat of 3 carrot diamond earings (and you want have to tell her they're real, cause they will be!)
    4 burn the house down, fake your own death move to Himalayas, sever all contact with civilization and pray she never finds you again!

cause well um she could do this to you

https://www.cremationsolutions.com/cremation-jewelry-for-ashes/cremation-diamonds

Top Bottom