Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There's crazies out there, boys and girls. I think churches are going to be increasingly popular targets for lunatics just for the shock value. I know of a large church on the SE side of Indy which has a security force of over 50 members who are armed. Some attend every church service/function. We'll see more of that.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    '27 killed' at Texas church after gunman opens fire | Daily Mail Online

• At least 27 people were shot by a gunman who opened fire just before 11.30am
    • The shooting occurred at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Texas
    • A witness said among those who were shot in the attack was a two-year-old child
    • Another witness said a man 'in full gear' walked into the church and opened fire
    • Police confirmed that the gunman is dead and there is no longer a threat in area

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Happened at a Sunday Church service... and the town is only about 1000 people. That's going to be a lot of pain in that small community.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    We'll undoubtedly have more about the perp and his mens rea as the day goes by, along with all the shill harpies from alt.left clamoring for the necessity to disarm America.

An aside:
    As is completely typical, the Internet trolls are all over the linked story's comments section by the hundreds like flies on feces.

John

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Witnesses say a man "in full gear" went in and started shooting.

An unconfirmed witness says an older man chased the shooter, shot him, and ran him into a ditch. Others say police shot him.

Also, this church records its services and publishes them to youtube, meaning there is likely video of this shooting.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Definitely sad when you're not safe going to church anymore. Thoughts a prayers to those affected.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Witnesses say a man "in full gear" went in and started shooting.

An unconfirmed witness says an older man chased the shooter, shot him, and ran him into a ditch. Others say police shot him.

Also, this church records its services and publishes them to youtube, meaning there is likely video of this shooting.

Assuming it's implied that this person was present in the church, I think that would be hard to believe. If the shooter killed 27 people, I'd be surprised that a person "frozen" in place would snap out of shock of the situation, to competently engage the shooter. Maybe a passerby who heard what was going on? The area seems fairly small and intimate, so all the people in the homes surrounding the church would ave surely heard the shots.

Terrible tragedy, prays for victims. Shooter can rot in hell.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    There's crazies out there, boys and girls. I think churches are going to be increasingly popular targets for lunatics just for the shock value. I know of a large church on the SE side of Indy which has a security force of over 50 members who are armed. Some attend every church service/function. We'll see more of that.

I hope it's not connected with a guy that was in Elmores one Saturday talking about being on the security team of a local church. He was pocket carrying a NA Arms 22 LR revolver.. When I hear 50 people in a security team my first thought is always do they have any plan or training..
    I sincerely hope they do.
    Prayers for victims and their families
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Top Bottom